Page 1 of 2
so i met this chick at this concert (gyspy kings, not our type of music but our dads made us ) and we started making out. Then, about a month and a few weeks later, she tells me she has hepatitis A and may have possibly had it then. Someone told me that hepatitis A is transferabble through saliva? whats the likelyhood that I have it if we were making out for a few minutes? Is it for life? Have I ****ed myself over at the tender age of 14?
In before AIDS
Quote by Beakwithteeth
What a coincidence one time I ****ed your cousin in the eye.
I'm pretty sure it's not transferred through saliva. Check Wikipedia next time, though.

"Infection with HIV occurs by the transfer of blood, semen, vaginal fluid, pre-ejaculate, or breast milk. Within these bodily fluids, HIV is present as both free virus particles and virus within infected immune cells. The four major routes of transmission are unprotected sexual intercourse, contaminated needles, breast milk, and transmission from an infected mother to her baby at birth. Screening of blood products for HIV has largely eliminated transmission through blood transfusions or infected blood products in the developed world."
-Wikipedia

You're safe.
Oh ****, you may be screwed.

But serisouly I don't THINK you are, but go see a doctor right now. If you DO have it, then I'm sorry for you...
Quote by nintendocly
During practice once, my bass player was trying to act cool and headbang and I hit him in the face with sharp head of my washburn (accident maybe). Theres still a tiny bit of blood in my guitar, I think its kinda cool
Owned.

Anyway, Wiki says that the incubation period's about a month. So if you don't have any symptoms within the next few weeks, you're in the clear.
Sadly, AIDS is also transferable over computer waves.

Face it, we're ALL screwed over.

P.S. Quit swearing. You're not a cool kid. You never will be. AIDSfag.
Quote by redneckrebel
Wow...just wow

A clapstack? My life is complete.
Last edited by Fred1000000 at Mar 25, 2008,
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
Owned.

Anyway, Wiki says that the incubation period's about a month. So if you don't have any symptoms within the next few weeks, you're in the clear.

I love how you read Wikipedia but missed the most important part, which is that it isn't transferred by saliva.
Quote by frottage
you may have just ruined your social life in the Pit.

Before it even began, he's an '08er

Sucks for you dude. Try to find this chick and get your revenge by killing her
God. Anyone here have that picture of a headstone that says "I asked The Pit instead of seeing a doctor." Or something like that?
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS:
Ibanez RG3570Z
Digitech Whammy
Quote by SilentDeftone
Hepatitis A is code for AIDS.

And you have it.

-SD

First symptom is sweaty palms, followed by paranoia. Then some really weird genital stuff starts goin on..
oh man. AIDS city send UG a postcard
<//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\>
Quote by iimjpii
I love how you read Wikipedia but missed the most important part, which is that it isn't transferred by saliva.

I love how you read the Wiki for HIV and not Hepatitis A.
Quote by iimjpii
I'm pretty sure it's not transferred through saliva. Check Wikipedia next time, though.

"Infection with HIV occurs by the transfer of blood, semen, vaginal fluid, pre-ejaculate, or breast milk. Within these bodily fluids, HIV is present as both free virus particles and virus within infected immune cells. The four major routes of transmission are unprotected sexual intercourse, contaminated needles, breast milk, and transmission from an infected mother to her baby at birth. Screening of blood products for HIV has largely eliminated transmission through blood transfusions or infected blood products in the developed world."
-Wikipedia

You're safe.

HIV =/= Hep. A, fool.
Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK
Wiki says symptoms last usually only up to 9 months. So... even if you do have it, you ain't screwed for life. In fact, you would then become immune to the virus.
TOO MANY PUPPIES

Soda sucks.
I never read the wikipedia article, a friend told me that. No, she wasnt crusty when we made out, and I dont think I have been showing any symptoms, although I dont know what the hell they are.
Go see a doctor and get either a blood test or an std test. Foo'.
Quote by Alter-Bridge
If I had sex as much as you said the word "shit" I would be paris hilton.

Quote by rworsl
I have never felt closer to either cheese or weasels

Quote by Vermintide

DURN THING DUN GONE MESS UP AGIYAN. MARGE, FETCH ME MAH BOOMSTIYAK
According to Wiki, you could get it if she shat in your mouth...

EDIT: Thanks SD^ *hug*
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS:
Ibanez RG3570Z
Digitech Whammy
If you start feeling sick in any way I would go to the doctor's. If not then you're fine. and I don't think Hepatitis A is an STD
Uh..... Doctor?
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
The virus isn't in saliva, and if it is. it's in diminutive amounts. You should be fine, dude.

But still....PWNT!
Quote by SupremeACL
According to Wiki, you could get it if she shat in your mouth...

EDIT: Thanks SD^ *hug*

well thats just...

damn hot *g* XD

ok all the aids stuff is bull**** hepatitus is not like that , it just has to do with your liver, and heptitus a isnt that bad. its the least bad type. hepatitus b is worse, then comes c and thats when you would be worried about being ****ed. idk but there might be a d and thats pretty much death probly

o yea and i heard hepatitus c is transferable by spit but idk about the other ones
Yea that's right, I want something to explode

I've been deaf, now I want noise

LOUD LOVE
yeah according to wiki, it is passed by the "fecal-oral route." but i mean, if she took a dump in your mouth, did you really expect to be ok?
i checked, theres a hepatitis B and D, not A and D. I should be fine? I hope so, I am seeing a doctor anyway when I get back from jamaica. Strangely, my mom didnt go nuts over this one.

EDIT: why did I bring this to the pit?
Page 1 of 2