i need a very cheap beginner guitar that doesnt fail to bad. less than $200 ish. i know that it wont get me much but it is all i can do. i perfer the gibson les paul style and sound. id like to know if anything exists that cheap.
We, the willing, led by the unknowing are doing the impossible for the ungreatful. We have done so much for so long with so little, we are now qualified to do anything.

You could look at used guitars. There's some nice guitars that go for cheap on Ebay.
So good to see you once again.
I thought that you were hiding.
And you thought that I had run away.
Chasing the tail of dogma.
I opened my eye and there we were .
Quote by stephen_rettie
do you have an amp? cause amp is more important as far as tone goes
You know that without a guitar, you cant play guitar. So if he doesnt havea guitar, he should buy a guitar first.
Quote by FRDesign
You know that without a guitar, you cant play guitar. So if he doesnt havea guitar, he should buy a guitar first.

so you figure he wants a gibson lespaulish tone, playing his electric acoustucally?
what i mean is he should probably by both? rather then buying an uber metal dean
Go Epiphone. Under 200$, you got the Les Paul Special II, or if you want an SG, there's the SG Special, both 169.99$, and a Les Paul Junior for less than that.
Packs come with 10W Studio Amp, picks, tuner and gig bag. SG is just under 200$, while the Les Paul is 219.99$
Quote by Rocker_94
Go Epiphone. Under 200$, you got the Les Paul Special II, or if you want an SG, there's the SG Special, both 169.99$, and a Les Paul Junior for less than that.
Packs come with 10W Studio Amp, picks, tuner and gig bag. SG is just under 200$, while the Les Paul is 219.99$
The Special II doesnt even sound like a Les Paul.
I would recommend the Squier Strat Pack. You might be able to get a better starter guitar, but the amp will last you much longer than the amps that come with other starter packs. I had the old Squier and it was pretty decent,(I updated to a PRS SE Custom) but I still have the Frontman 15G. Once you get a better guitar this amp's sound will hold you off until you can get a better one. It's over $200 dollars retail but I'm sure you could look online for better prices. With all of that said, if you would rather have a better starter guitar you should go with an Epiphone. I don't own an Epiphone starter but I have had some good playing time on my close friend's one. If it wasn't all boxed I would say to just play it and see what you like, but yeah...it's boxed.
-Paul Reed Smith SE Custom
-Bugera 333XL 212
Quote by DDoug
I would recommend the Squier Strat Pack. You might be able to get a better starter guitar, but the amp will last you much longer than the amps that come with other starter packs. I had the old Squier and it was pretty decent,(I updated to a PRS SE Custom) but I still have the Frontman 15G. Once you get a better guitar this amp's sound will hold you off until you can get a better one. It's over $200 dollars retail but I'm sure you could look online for better prices. With all of that said, if you would rather have a better starter guitar you should go with an Epiphone. I don't own an Epiphone starter but I have had some good playing time on my close friend's one. If it wasn't all boxed I would say to just play it and see what you like, but yeah...it's boxed.
Frontmans are ****.

Do not listen.

I still recomend getting a Cheap Dean XM and a Microcube.
My bud has the LTD recommended above. I have played it and it's decent. I have played the Vendetta dean entry level guitar as well - they were about the same in terms of playability. Without getting into a bunch of pedals and a small tube amp, I think the microcube and vox da5 are good amps for the money and effects you get. Small tube amp plus eq, plus dist pedal, equals twice what the vox and roland cost.
Don't go the starter pack route, the amps are pure snot.
If you buy anything other than these Xaviere Guitars or this Rogue HH, then you're buying a piece of crap.

They are cheap since they are sold straight from the company and have better pickups than guitars 2 to 3 times as expensive.

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Last edited by FacingUsAll at Mar 25, 2008,
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Les-Paul-Special-II-Player-Pack?sku=518677

this is very good for your les paul craving

ALLTHOUGH

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-LP100-and-Amp-Pack?sku=513153

that is a MUCH better deal, its only $150 more and you can justify that with your parents by saying that you wont need to spend money on a replacement when you get better as soon
Quote by RedDeath9
Divinecrossfire...

Epic post. Wish I could say more, but I don't know much about the subconscious and other psychological stuff.
I would save more and get the Epi LP-100. If you don't wanna save, the LP Special is a good choice. It was my first guitar (the Special), and even though I got a Gibson SG, I would've kept it if I didn't need money for my Valveking.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
Quote by classicrocker01
I would save more and get the Epi LP-100. If you don't wanna save, the LP Special is a good choice. It was my first guitar (the Special), and even though I got a Gibson SG, I would've kept it if I didn't need money for my Valveking.
My Deals much better, you get a Decent guitar, which looks amazing, and a very good amp. Thats around $330, compared to your crappy starter pack.

Quote by FRDesign
My Deals much better, you get a Decent guitar, which looks amazing, and a very good amp. Thats around $330, compared to your crappy starter pack.

I was just talking about the guitars. the starter packs are crap. I do like those Roland Cubes, btw
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
Quote by classicrocker01
I was just talking about the guitars. the starter packs are crap. I do like those Roland Cubes, btw
I meant to quote above yours.
thanks for all the help i will look into these. i ll get back to you on what i get if a i get one.
We, the willing, led by the unknowing are doing the impossible for the ungreatful. We have done so much for so long with so little, we are now qualified to do anything.