serisouly when i was a child. My mum and dad never said anything about him...

They just brought me eggs

I'm a deprived child...

I know about santa though...
Quote by roythereaper
Nice bum >.> <.<
Yeah, which is why I never got told either, dont feel like you have lost out
Quote by mustaineNslash
i know this sounds stupid but...
wheres the sig button??

(sry)

How'd they get a bunny out of nailing a guy onto a cross who then dies and gets reserected??
Everyone knows that the Easter Bunny is Jesus' reincarnated form.
Quote by Mike Birbiglia
I went to the doctor, and they found something in my bladder. And whenever they find something, it's never anything good like, "We found something in your bladder AND IT'S SEASON TICKETS TO THE YANKEES!!

Do you folks like folk?
oh ok then i dident miss out.

Santa is much cooler i supose
Quote by roythereaper
Nice bum >.> <.<
Quote by Lead guitarist
How'd they get a bunny out of nailing a guy onto a cross who then dies and gets reserected??

How'd you get a Christian holiday out of an originally Pagan holiday.
All holidays that are supposedly Christian holidays are just renamed Pagan holidays.

Christmas? Winter Festival.

Look it up.

It was called Ishtar (which is pronounced Easter)

http://www.lasttrumpetministries.org/tracts/tract1.html
I don't remember where I was,
When I realized life was a game.
The more seriously I took things,
The harder the rules became.
Last edited by WH15P3R at Mar 26, 2008,
Quote by Lead guitarist

I guess it's something vaguely like, resurrection > new life > spring time > bunnies. And eggs.

At Easter my mum used to make a rabbit out of this rabbit shaped jelly mould and I always got given the arse end.

This is why nobody told you about the Easter bunny:

He died in a car accident
Airship is liek teh best giitar playr evr!!111!1!

Quote by solidgay
Don't use distortion pedals. Just bury your guitar for three weeks, and then dig it up, that should do the job.

^Best Reply Ever!

Quote by imdeth
metaldud damn it I said ignore the penis!
Quote by sashki
I was wondering the same about coloured eggs

Pff, everyone knows coloured eggs come from coloured chickens.
Quote by WH15P3R
How'd you get a Christian holiday out of an originally Pagan holiday.
All holidays that are supposedly Christian holidays are just renamed Pagan holidays.

Christmas? Winter Festival.

Look it up.

It was called Ishtar (which is pronounced Easter)

http://www.lasttrumpetministries.org/tracts/tract1.html

I must thank you, WH15P3R, this was a really good read and a good piece of information. Thank you for enlightening me to this link.
Hey look, a stoner/doom album.

GENERATION 27: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

E-father of TheSPillow/Sam
E-brothers with Entity0009
Quote by cjblack532
I must thank you, WH15P3R, this was a really good read and a good piece of information. Thank you for enlightening me to this link.

I'm not Christian nor Pagan, just people who start complaining about Bunnies and Eggs not having anything to do with easter starts getting annoying.
Glad to have helped.
So? you got the chocolate and avoided the disappointment of finding out the truth
Quote by dullsilver_mike
I wouldn't be friends with him after that whole text messege thing... not because he's a a cheater but because he's a text-messeger
The Easter Bunny sucks. He brings you shitty chocolate and hides all your eggs. Then, even if you find them, he painted them so you can't use them.
Quote by Kensai
Forget about her, she seems complicated. Who wants a girl who answers in riddles? I'm not the fucking sfinx.

Quote by Rambo-Conny
Woah, woah. Back the hell up.

Polo shirt?

Sunglasses?

Of course he got all the girls, he's Rick Astley.
As right as the man who posted the pagan link is about Easter's pagan origins, the contents of that link seem a little flimsy.

As far as I remember, Easter was originally the festival of the Pagan fertility goddess Aestre (may be spelled wrong).

Fertility = eggs. Also = Oestrogen (same word derivation)

And her sacred animal was the hare, which the Christians changed to a rabbit when they appropriated the festival.

We could be both right, mind, myths have a habit of overlapping.
Quote by adamrandall
ahh yes SRV. i got the intro on texas flood (easy) and then he's like twangledoodleblopdebloo dun dun dun dun DA dun DA and im like *dead*.

The Unholy plays a Jackson Warrior X through a Metal Muff

Squigglymetal!
Quote by TheUnholy
As right as the man who posted the pagan link is about Easter's pagan origins, the contents of that link seem a little flimsy.

As far as I remember, Easter was originally the festival of the Pagan fertility goddess Aestre (may be spelled wrong).

Fertility = eggs. Also = Oestrogen (same word derivation)

And her sacred animal was the hare, which the Christians changed to a rabbit when they appropriated the festival.

We could be both right, mind, myths have a habit of overlapping.

Yeah, they're sneaky.
I didn't look too much into that page, I just searched Ishtar because I remember reading about this some time ago and that had the most info.
But I don't have any doubts that there are different stories, but they all derive from Paganism.
Last edited by WH15P3R at Mar 26, 2008,