Well the band im in only consists of me, a drummer, and a singer. No bass. What would be the best plan of action towards this, for instance what is the most effective method for soloing?
Groovy bassline and drums.

Look at Pantera.
Barry White is cooler than you
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I really wish I could say you're funny and cool, but that would be like saying Africa doesn't have a poverty problem.
A little bit of delay can help, too.

Edit: But get a bass player.
Last edited by werty22 at Mar 25, 2008,
Delay and an EQ pedal. What kind of music are you guys looking to play?
we cant really get a bass player, and we dont really care, because i dont play much in the way of riffs, just a lot of chord/melody stuff (note: by chord melody, i mean stuff like hendrix, where he plays a chord, then embellishes, type of thing) i was just wonderng, for future reference, so tips for this stuff. for solos ive mostly been keeping with playing a chord underneath, then after the chord has been established, play around with a lead lick type idea.
tell the singer to pick up a bass. give him a very intensive crash course in bass playing. he doesnt have to be Ryan martinie, but just so you you guys can have a bass rythem.

Best advice, have the singer learn bass.
If you dont find theory interesting, then DONT study it. IF your TRULY serious about playing guitar(enjoying), then EVENTUALLY you WILL WANT to study it.