Hi, I have been playing guitar for a while now and have had some pretty good resources. But, I want to find some more good websites with free lessons to help me out. Are there any good ones?

Also, I've learned a lot more about guitars and was wondering if any of the guitars in my signature (the want to buy section) are worth buying for a second guitar. I'm not going to buy one for a while but I really want to know more about them.

I really like the Agile LP copies, Gibson the Paul, and Explorer shape guitars (because they are so comfortable to play with) so if I could have more info on those specifically it would be nice. But, if I get one of those I will have to give up getting a new amp. But I figure if I'm only practicing then the Spider III is decent enough or is it?

And yes, I am on a budget.
Guitars
Douglas WRL595, ESP LTD EC-50, 60's Partscaster
Amps
Peavey Valveking 112 w/Vet30
Pedals
Fender Starcaster Chorus ,MXR Classic Overdrive, Artec 8 Band Equalizer, Digitech Hardwire Delay
i love esp, but i wouldnt recommend the low end stuff. dont play anything lower than a 200 model. i have a viper 200 and an F250, i love em both, but they could be a little better. still. you could get a decent "classic" shape guitar for about 300. im thinking like a washburn or something. they come with decent pickups (according to a friend of mine)
XBL GamerTag = IAmSentient6

My gear:
Ibanez Artist
ESP ltd Viper 200
Schecter Diamond 8

Amps:
Marhshall MG30 (for sale)
Line 6 Spider III Half Stack (mine forever)
Interested in Melodic Thrash Metal? ALUSTRIUM AND LAST NAIL DRIVEN!
well if you are only playing in your room or practicing as you say theres no problem with your spider, the agile LP copies are supposed to be really good for their price and i dont know about the other ones though.

greets samerika.

Quote by srv34
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=328491

Probably a good place to start and for the record no matter how nice of a guitar you have if your amps terrible then it will sound terrible... if I were you I'd buy a epiphone les paul or maybe an american made strat but thats just my prefference

Yeah sure, its really easy to get a american strat for 300 bucks
Looking for a new sig!
What kind of music do you like to play? If you like metal the Ibanez Rg2EX1 is a great guitar for the money, it's also good with jazz and blues.

For punk and hard rock the agile or epi might be good, but i've tried both and didn't like them.
Quote by Ze_Metal
What kind of music do you like to play? If you like metal the Ibanez Rg2EX1 is a great guitar for the money, it's also good with jazz and blues.

For punk and hard rock the agile or epi might be good, but i've tried both and didn't like them.

Of course I like metal, that's why I bought a Dean lol. I know someone who has that Ibanez and it sounds good but he rewired it but I don't think it'd sound that much different.

Are there any good Explorers that cost less than $300? The only ones I know of are the Kramer and SX.
Guitars
Amps
Pedals
Fender Starcaster Chorus ,MXR Classic Overdrive, Artec 8 Band Equalizer, Digitech Hardwire Delay
Last edited by Don Tonberry at Mar 25, 2008,
I don't know much about explorers but I know that there is a goth epiphone explorer for $299. It's not at guitarcenter (In the stores) but its online. I have no idea how it sounds but I know the goth les paul has a pretty nice sound to it.

But sadly enough, $300 won't get you a great guitar. Maybe you could save another 100 and get a very nice guitar? But if you have no way to get $100 then You could also check out the Scheter omen guitar. I've never played it but heard good reviews about it.

Epiphones g-400 wasn't to bad either. The one I played had no fretbuzz, felt good and sounded decent.
Well, I'm not going to buy a guitar now so I'll probably have more money when I do get one. But, I will look into those guitars. What do you think would be better overall that Schecter Omen or the Ibanez?

EDIT: I checked Musicansfriend.com and the Goth Explorer is $499.99. Which website were you looking at?
Guitars
Amps
Pedals
Last edited by Don Tonberry at Mar 25, 2008,
I was looking at guitarcenter, make sure you check the epiphone one.

IMO the rg2ex1 is better. It has a very thin and smooth neck and never comes out of tune. Intonation was a tiny bit off for me, but it's an easy fix.
here are some good lesson sites:
guitarmasterclass(dot)net
guitartricks(dot)com
infiniteguitar(dot)com
those are the best of the ones i have seen, unfortunately there is a limited selection of free lessons. To see all of the lessons, you have to buy a membership. It seems like a ripoff to me, but do what you want.(ps- I would recommend just getting lessons from someone locally. They are generally better because you actually have someone there to help you out, instead of learning from a video which I have found to be very hard in most cases.)

as far as a second guitar, I would reccomend the SX Explorer-style guitar. I have read lots of good reviews and am actually looking forward to getting one for myself. The ESP LTD also seems good, but I dont trust that tremolo. Odds are that you would end up not using it that much(unless you intend on playing like Dimebag or Herman Li soon) and plus, it seems like one that would go out of tune easily. If you want a guitar like that with a good price, get an Ibanez RG350DX. It's 400 dollars, but like you said you will probably have more money by the time you get a new guitar.
I was looking at the specs for the RG350DX and doesn't it have that tremolo that everybody hates? Or is that another one?
Guitars
Amps
Pedals