More specifically the power amp and/or speaker.

I was playing at a moderate volume through the acoustic model and I had to go do something so I unplugged my guitar (has active pickups), and when I did this the amp made a loud humming sound. I thought nothing of it and turned off the amp. After much troubleshooting I looked at the schematic in the manual and it showed that I could bypass the power amp and speaker by plugging into the headphone jack. I did this and the humming stoped, and I can hear sound through the headphones. I bought this amp last summer and the power amp/speaker is already shot. I quite liked the sound of this amp and am quite disappointed because I take really good care of my gear. Is this even worth repairing? It's about $350 new.
Uh... I'd say it's just the cable dude. Did you try it with another cable?
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Well usually when your cable touches something when nto plugged into your guitar it makes a hum... Unless you mean it the other way round?
There's nothing wrong with the cables. It hummed loudly with absolutely nothing plugged into it. Keep in mind I can still play with the headphones plugged in. According to the schematic, the problem clearly lies with the power amp and/or speaker.
Quote by CHIEF-CHEESE
There's nothing wrong with the cables. It hummed loudly with absolutely nothing plugged into it. Keep in mind I can still play with the headphones plugged in. According to the schematic, the problem clearly lies with the power amp and/or speaker.

Ah right =/
its your speaker i bet. if you mess around playing with feedback alot that could be why it blew even if it wasnt too loud. 50$ at the most. you can put it in yourself.
I do have a whammy pedal, so the +2 octave pinch harmonics probably didn't help lol. I hope you're right about the speaker, I'll check out swapping it for a vintage 30 if I can get into the cab. I should try putting my meter on the power amp first though.

Edit: Turns out the speaker's fine, power amp is fubar'ed. Hope Roland doesn't charge too much.
Last edited by CHIEF-CHEESE at Mar 25, 2008,