Search bar found nothing. Anyone know how to EQ do get a decent early Collective Soul tone (Hints Allegations era)?
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
No clue. Ross did use 5150s and Fender Super Reverbs with PRS guitars IIRC, but thats about all I know. My guess is he used the Super Reverbs for cleans and the 5150s for distortion. I've had good luck using the SLO100 setting on m yVAMP2, turning the gain up a fair way (about 8), turning my treble to about 9, Bass to about 7-8 and my mids to around 3-4. Good luck.

EDIT: On Hints, Allegations, etc I kind of wonder if he didn't just crank the Fenders, as that cd came out around 1989, which predates the 5150 IIRC (though not the SLO)
Yeah? I have no idea what their early rig was. I saw them on Sunday and Joel using Buddas and AC-30's. When I saw them in December they were using the AC-30's and Marshall stacks.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
I have no clue what their new guys new. Youth totally ruined it for me. I figure Ross Childress used the Fender Super Reverbs, as their early sound was less distorted, and I'm guessing he had those. All a guess though.