Page 1 of 2
Every single one of my friends plays humbucking guitars. I don't know anyone in my area around my age who plays a tele or a strat. A couple people have squiers, but no one actually uses a strat. My neighbor has a Les Paul, the guy I play guitar with has a Les Paul, one of the guys on my XC team has a Peavey Wolfgang, another guy has an HSH Ibanez.

What kind of guitars do you or your friends have? I want to know a few teenagers that have single coils.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
all of my friends play guitars with humbuckers. noone plays strats around here because we all dislike single coils and noone has the money for a custom job and were all too lazy to do it ourselves. in any case, most of us play esp or ibanez.
XBL GamerTag = IAmSentient6

My gear:
Ibanez Artist
ESP ltd Viper 200
Schecter Diamond 8

Amps:
Marhshall MG30 (for sale)
Line 6 Spider III Half Stack (mine forever)
Interested in Melodic Thrash Metal? ALUSTRIUM AND LAST NAIL DRIVEN!
i have an ibanez H-S-H but i rarely use the humbuckers cos' the middle pick up is perfect! i love single coil sounds
MY GEAR:

Ibanez S470
Vintage: VRS100
Fender FM100R 100WATT
Marshall: MG30DFX 30WATT
Digitech: RP350
Boss: DS-1
Jim Dunlop: Original Crybaby
Crafter: FX-550EQ
Orange: Mini- Krush

Add My Profile
I have an SG but both guitarists in the my hardcore band play strats.
Epiphone G-400!!!!!!!!

Washburn Bass!!!

Cordovox tube amp

Crate bass amp!!!

Kustom PA
My rythm guitarist has got an Epi LP and a Fat Strat copy. I know some kids playing metal with modded squires and other cheap guitars modded, and I have an Epi LP. I do plan on buying a Strat, but I'll be putting humbuckers in it.
Quote by darkstar2466
Bigfoot.... The Abominable Snowman.... Chinese Democracy.... all stories, nothing more.

Quote by mydogpoops
My rythm guitarist has got an Epi LP and a Fat Strat copy. I know some kids playing metal with modded squires and other cheap guitars modded, and I have an Epi LP. I do plan on buying a Strat, but I'll be putting humbuckers in it.

sounds a lot like me...
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
I play my Tele, singles of course, but everyone around me either plays acoustic for pop songs and crap, or the BRUTALZ metal with 'buckers through solid-states.
I have a Fender Strat (Eric Clapton Custom shop), a faded special sg and an american telecaster.

My friends play les pauls mostly 1 of my friens has a swamp ash gibson studio its really nice
I have an ESP f-50, my friend has an epiphone Sg-400, and my other one has a mexican strat.

oh what the hell, ill tell you their amps too

I used to have a marshall 15 watter, but sold it to get a nice new tube amp (Peavey C30)

my friend that has an epi has a solid state raven amp 30 watts which he got for $100.

and my friend with the strat has a fender 10w solid state practice amp.
Well I'm a bit old in the teenage department but I have a Stratocaster.

My rig is mostly humbuckers though.

I have 2 guitars with singles.

The other 8 are humbucking.

Always have the old Laney though, that's really the only constant thing about my rig
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
MIM Strat

Epi EA-250

Epi SG

Epi LP-100

PRS SE

ect..
My Last.Fm

Gear:
1994 MIJ Fender Jaguar
Vox V847-A Wah
ProCo Rat
EHX Small Clone
Epiphone Valve Junior
I have a squier telecaster affinity and a dean evo xm. They're both on the cheap side but I like them both, I want to put some expensive pick ups in them like seymour duncans. But I like the humbuckers for the soloing and the single coil for the rhythym.
"Member of the UG Pink Floyd Fan club PM stonegolem13 or nick dixon to join

love The Evil Dead films? Join my group: http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/boomstick/

Quote by pepsi1187
not to mention herbert from family guy will touch you in your sleep
Les Pauls
Stratocaster
Ibanez RG
Without spiritual mentoring, too much freedom can lead to the soul's decay
- Prince
First one has an American Strat, a MIM Tele, and a USA Tele. Second one has a Jackson WRMG and a Jackson KVX10 V. Then my third friend has a Jackson Js series and a Jackson V as well. My final friend has way too many to easily count :lol:
i played one back when i was a teenager. and one of my friends did too.
It's just kind of awkward when I've shown up at one of the like 3 jams I've been to, and I have a strat with singles, and I'm using a light OD pedal, and the rest of the people are using LP's with a lot heavier distortion.

I've just started bringing the PRS. But I love my singles.

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
every1 that u know plays les pauls or strats besides my friend who has an ibanez
My Gear:
Jackson DK2M
PRS Paul Allender Sig
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Micro Cube
Last edited by gstacey1 at Mar 25, 2008,
We've all got strats or super strats..common as muck
I've a mexi strat and RG350DX, acoustic wise-ovation applause and Farida jumbo
One has a Gio RG thing
One has a Squire strat and Jackson V of somesort which is rather sweet, 3/4 acoustic
another has a Squire showmaster
@-}-}-}-
Me - Ibanez RG7321, BCR Stealth Custom Shop
Bassist - Ibanez somethingorother, Rogue 5-string
Workmates -
One has a Strat, another an LP, and the last guy has an IBanez 8-string.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Me and most of my guitar playing friends - ****e ones.

Ed Hunter - great one (possibly great second, I'm not sure)
I'm going to create the procrastination club, just later...
hardly anyone gets strats anymore they kind of died after punk did
now it all classic rock and metal where gibsons and ibanez and allmost all guitar with humbuckers come in
My next guitar I've decided is a american strat
but there's not too many "good" guitarists at school anymore
the ones who take music seriously have gibsons- most of which are SGs
I have an explorer- cheaper than some SGs but looks awesome with ebony fretboard
most people use epiphone les pauls or ibanez
My lag is H-S-H but its coil tapped.

best of both worlds
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
Me and my guitarist friends: no one has humbuckers.

Most of us are still in the Squier team; but I'm planning to buy a MIM Strat very soon. And without the humbucker in the bridge (I love the bridge single-coil too much to let it go).

But all of my friends can't wait to buy some Ibanez or Gibsons (or Epis) with humbuckers...
My band:

Me - Epiphone Les Paul Custom (main axe right now).
Guitarist - alternates between a Squier Strat and a Westfield Strat.
Bassist/lead vocalist - Dean Metal Man (on loan from my guitarist).

Seems kinda weird, but we make a good sound
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.
One of my friends has an Epiphone Les Paul Black Beauty, another has a Les Paul Custom, the rest just have Squier strats.. I have a Fender Lite Ash Tele, and a Fender American standard Strat
HI
Well lets see, i play a esp kh-202 (H X H) my friends play a Gibson SG faded (H X H), Esp Ex-50 (H X H), Gibson V Faded (H X H), A shecter hollow body (h X H) and the one who plays the shecter has a strat (S S S), o and almost forgot a $600 PRS (H X H)
Last edited by rrhoads47 at Mar 25, 2008,
I'm 16 and play single coils... funk rock FTW

I live in a pretty musically diverse area. It's pretty much dominated by Fender in the reggae and rock scenes and Epiphone/Gibson/Ibanez in the metal and screamo scenes.
My Rig
>MIM Fender Stratocaster and SX SJM-62
>various magicial noise boxes
>Peavey Classic 50 212

For the funk:
>Ibanez ATK300
>Acoustic B100
Last edited by red star at Mar 25, 2008,
Alot of the people I know that play guitar have a Les Paul to Fender amp set up. One friend plays Fenders exclusively (Mustang) and I have to say myself, even though I have a humbucking guitar right now, I lean more towards Fender.
ive got a pretty rare hss strat, that i usally use the neck and middle pups
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
Quote by kai29
hardly anyone gets strats anymore they kind of died after punk did
now it all classic rock and metal where gibsons and ibanez and allmost all guitar with humbuckers come in
My next guitar I've decided is a american strat
but there's not too many "good" guitarists at school anymore
the ones who take music seriously have gibsons- most of which are SGs
I have an explorer- cheaper than some SGs but looks awesome with ebony fretboard
most people use epiphone les pauls or ibanez

I would love to see references to how you came to that conclusion. Died after punk? I'm almost certain they are still quite the popular guitar.

The ones who take music seriously? Oh my God. Sure, they're great guitars, but what? I'm not a fan of your conclusions and odd statistics. Prove this to me.
My serious performance guitar is my PRS with HH, but it's also got tapping.

I just love the feel of my strat and sound of it. But it's got that squier name on the neck. I'd never live that down when they all use Gibsons.

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
I own an RG2EX2. It's not too bad for a sub-$300 guitar. My friends have Fender Jaguars, Gibson Explorers, and various Epiphones. One friend has a couple Hamers, Gibson Explorer, some PRS, an old old Gibson semi-hollow, etc. His dad's a huge collector... I'm jealous.
All your base are belong to us.
I play ESP and Ibanez. My friends play an assortment of humbucking guitars...
Every1 I know except for 3 people and me play with single coils. Everybody has a Les paul, and 1 guy has a SG. I have a strat (squier, modded) and soon to be getting a Les Paul studio or Telecaster. the ppl that don't hagve humbuckers play a fat strat, a tele, and a danelectro.
I play an LTD EC-1000. Saint of Steel plays his mighty Marshall Rocket Special with pride (sorry Ben, it had to come out sooner or later ). I believe he's getting an EC-400 Archtop soon though so it's all good. My other guitarist mate plays a Westfield Les Paul that has an oddly nice tone for such a cheap guitar.
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
I use a Fender Standard Stratocaster, one of my friends has a really expensive acoustic (he's saving for a Gibson Les Paul), the other uses a Squier, but is getting a new guitar for his birthday (budget $800), 2 guys in my class use lower end Ibanez guitars...and there's a guy in my music class that has an ESP LTD M series guitar...
Quote by XxGibsonSGxX
I would love to see references to how you came to that conclusion. Died after punk? I'm almost certain they are still quite the popular guitar.

The ones who take music seriously? Oh my God. Sure, they're great guitars, but what? I'm not a fan of your conclusions and odd statistics. Prove this to me.

I think he's talking about the individual trend at his own school.
My Rig
>MIM Fender Stratocaster and SX SJM-62
>various magicial noise boxes
>Peavey Classic 50 212

For the funk:
>Ibanez ATK300
>Acoustic B100
Page 1 of 2