I'm ordering an Earcandy Buzzbomb!
These are my current specifications before ordering:
- Cream cab, front and back
- Ox w/stripe cloth grill
- Stereo/Mono combo --> What do I need this for? Please explain.
- Black Hardware
- Top recessed handle
- Short feet
- 2 x EC scholz Sugarcones ---> Best choice? Or?
- Stereo 8 ohms, mono 16

Does it look okay?

I'll play metal w/cleans through a Carvin V3-amp with a Carvin CT3C guitar.

If you have any suggestions or anything, please, let me hear them!

Thanks, Mats
The only thing is the Sugarcones.

I've never heard them, and I'm sure they're good, but they're like $250 bucks a piece! the EC Green Machines are awesome from clips I've heard, and you can never go wrong with vintage 30s.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
The stereo/mono combo is only if you have a stereo amp, or want to play two heads through the same cab. I'd just stick to mono, but you might have different needs you didn't mention.
The cab setup looks good, the sugarcones are supposed to be excellent, but you might want to make sure they're exactly what you want, considering they cost twice as much as a lot of other perfectly good speakers.
I just want the best tone. Right now, the difference in price doesn't matter.
But will I be satisfied with the sugarcones?
The Sugarcones are, hands down, the best speakers I've ever used. The cost is the only thing that keeps me from stepping into some right now.

You'll find that their frequency response is much more level than most of the other available speakers. As such, they sound more balanced with a full sound and are hard to muddy up on the low end. Another point of interest is that you can mic them dead center and not get the screechy shrillness that so many other speakers will give you.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
Would the 2x12 be loud enough for gigs in front of like 2-300 people? I guess it will be miced!
Quote by Matsols
Would the 2x12 be loud enough for gigs in front of like 2-300 people? I guess it will be miced!

If you'll be miced, it doesn't matter if you get 2x12 or 4x12.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Ah great.
So, just one more question.
Anybody know a good color scheme for the buzzbomb? I'm all blank here:s
Also note that EarCandy doesn't even offer 412's. A well ported 212 will sound every bit as full and punchy as a good 412 anyway.
Quote by Kendall
Also note that EarCandy doesn't even offer 412's. A well ported 212 will sound every bit as full and punchy as a good 412 anyway.

Sounds great. But if I, in the future, would want to run 2x2x12" on my amp.
What do I need to do this?
It depends on the amp. Figure out if you have one speaker output or more than one and do some research on speaker loads when running in series or in parallel.
What load does your amp require? It should either be stated on the back of the amp or in the manual.
I haven't got my amp yet, but I've sent an e-mail asking for the information.
Should the cabinet have the same ohm load as the amp requires?
Yes it should. There are some excellent articles online if you'd like to do some further research. A quick Google search should give you all the information you need.
"On the back of the head there will be a selector where you can run at 4, 8 or 16ohms."
What ohm load do I need? Can I buy the Buzzbomb with 8 ohms stereo and 16 ohms mono, and then later buy another with the same speccs and run these on my amp?
16 ohms would be fine. If running just the one cab, you would use the 16 ohm setting. If you have 2 speaker outputs you can run 2 cabs at 16 ohms in parallel for an 8 ohm total load and naturally the 8 ohm setting.
Are the Sugarcones worth the price compared to the Green machines?
Quote by Matsols
Are the Sugarcones worth the price compared to the Green machines?

In most people's opinion (most people being middle class average people) no, they are not. I am going with Green Machines in mine because they sound incredible.
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
Quote by Brendan.Clace
In most people's opinion (most people being middle class average people) no, they are not. I am going with Green Machines in mine because they sound incredible.

Do you have any sound clips of the Green Machines and perhaps the Sugarcones?
None of the sugarcones, and only the ones of the green machines on Youtube.
Is there any speakers on the Earcandy list that is better than the green machines for metal w/cleans and doesn't cost more than 150 $?
The Eminence Texas Heat's.... they sound epic. Not sure if they are better than the Green Machine's though.....
Dammit, I'm really uncertain about the speakers.
But I guess I can't go wrong with the Green Machines, am I right?
VERY right. The Green Machines are amazing.