We all keep on trying to live for others or trying to please ourselves but what does it matter? We are all dead in the end. Do you feel this way?

EDIT: At the beginning of the movie The Butterfly Effect it says that simply a butterfly spreading its wings can cause tsunami on the other side of the world. I don't know if thats a stretch but when you wake up, no one thinks about making a difference. What if the whole world had a positive attitude? Ha ha i sound gay(I'm not)
Last edited by Hawk112 at Mar 25, 2008,
omg nihilism ftw lolol

Really though, if you live solely for your self, you are an asshat. If you live only for others, you are a tool. A good balance between the two will make a person truly happy.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
I know I can make a difference to the people around me. But I don't feel I can make much difference in the bigger picture....
Now 100% humour free, in accordance with the rules.

.fm
.wordpress
I thought that this was going to be an election thread.

But it's not whether you win or lose, it's how you play the game. Anyway, in a few googol years, you'll spontaneously be reborn, so you're actually not dead in the end.
Quote by BLOBERT
BRO
Since I'm going to be president, I fell I'm going to make a difference. Numerobofis '28.
Quote by Fleabag
I know I can make a difference to the people around me. But I don't feel I can make much difference in the bigger picture....

exactly the kind of attitude the wright brothers had when they invented the airplane.

or alexander graham bell when he invented the telephone

or ben franklin when he discovered electricity.

human technology and growth wouldnt be where it was if everyone thought they weren't good enough to do something meaningful.
sacrificial beaver of the laney cult

~Gear~

Schecter C-7 Hellraiser
ESP LTD F-2005
Laney VH100R *with free cab*
Roland Cube 60
Cort Acoustic
No i don't
/thread
Quote by _-=Ali C=-_
i do it a lot. ill be playin somethin and i forget to close my mouth... sometimes its really bad, slobber everywhere. i goes mostly over the neck, on the higher frets, and its really hard to get out from under the strings.
just because i might not be able to really make a difference, it doesn't mean i can't try.

i agree with the guy above. if you live only for yourself, then you're an asshat.
Quote by Hawk112
We all keep on trying to live for others or trying to please ourselves but what does it matter? We are all dead in the end. Do you feel this way?

No, since our actions and efforts are very alive whilst we are alive and they might extend well beyond our own limited, mortal spans, instead perpetuating and propagating through an immortal existence.
yeah
I often wonder what the point in most things are as they will all be worthless when your dead
Quote by Sir Anonymous
I'd call you a crazy Brit, but your username seems to quite assure your sanity.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
Epic username of pure epicness

To: Jesus=ConArtist
I dont think i will make a difference but thats what im here for, to change that, to change the way i think, to change things.
Looking for a new sig!
The fact I see life as somewhat pointless (since I don't believe in an afterlife) is why I want to go into teaching. It's something that does make a difference to people's lives. And perhaps the bigger picture. People who changed the world were educated by someone.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Quote by bigtimmy
exactly the kind of attitude the wright brothers had when they invented the airplane.

or alexander graham bell when he invented the telephone

or ben franklin when he discovered electricity.

human technology and growth wouldnt be where it was if everyone thought they weren't good enough to do something meaningful.

I'm not saying I'm going to go out of my way to NOT change the world. Anyone can get lucky/have an amazing idea, but I was talking about the boring stuff like voting, online polls, turning down to 30º, ect.

I dont feel that i will ever make a big enough difference for it to be worth my while.

If I solve cold fusion, or cure cancer, then I'll let you know, mmmk?
Now 100% humour free, in accordance with the rules.

.fm
.wordpress
I know people whose lives have been completely different just for meeting me. That's not being egotistical. I don't care about the big picture, but I do aim to leave an impact on everyone I meet.
Quote by Dinkydaisy
The fact I see life as somewhat pointless (since I don't believe in an afterlife) is why I want to go into teaching. It's something that does make a difference to people's lives. And perhaps the bigger picture. People who changed the world were educated by someone.

This is true.

I don't plan on leaving behind a grand legacy or being crowned King of Mankind (though that title is welcome), but I'd like to die knowing that I made differences in some people's lives.

I suppose this is why some people write music.
Quote by Dinkydaisy

Those that can't do, teach eh?
the way i see it.... the world is a messed up place, that obvious... its only going to get worse, thats inevidable.... but when you're on your death bed looking at your life, are you going to say you contributed to the world being messed up? or will you be able to say you were one of the few people in the world that knew what life was really about?....... basically, nobody is going to make a big difference, but you still need to try to do the things not many other people have the humility to do.