Having succeeded where the Killers have failed, the Bravery has not only used catchy riffs to create a style with the mixture of Duran Duran-esque influences, the New Order, the Joy Division (The post-punk movement's greatest influence), and other New Wave bands of the 1980's, the Bravery has come into the post-punk world and helped the Killers and other bands of the like make this type of music profitable again. Thus, their catchy synthesizer music has been resurrected for the new age. The Bravery's first album is one to be sought after, for fans of that particular taste. Their second album is not as memorable and accessible. It is absolutely awful and it has only produced one alright song, "Believe."
Having succeeded where the Killers failed?
That's news to me. Although I prefer The Bravery (but can't say I have listened to them in a long time now) they had one, possibly two well received songs and then disappeared. I know they're trying to make a re-emergence - the 100 emails a week don't help their cause from my perspective - and all the best to them, but you cannot say they have been anywhere near as successful as The Killers.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
I don't like either band, but let's look at this: The Bravery have had one Top 100 single. The Killers have had 7. Unless you mean they are more artistically successful, which is hogwash since both bands blow.
Quote by Dragon Master
Having succeeded where the Killers have failed, the Bravery has not only used catchy riffs to create a style with the mixture of Duran Duran-esque influences, the New Order, the Joy Division (The post-punk movement's greatest influence), and other New Wave bands of the 1980's, the Bravery has come into the post-punk world and helped the Killers and other bands of the like make this type of music profitable again. Thus, their catchy synthesizer music has been resurrected for the new age. The Bravery's first album is one to be sought after, for fans of that particular taste. Their second album is not as memorable and accessible. It is absolutely awful and it has only produced one alright song, "Believe."

pfft, regardless of billboard charts, top tens, and ratings....the killers just do it so much better.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
their debut had one, maybe two decent tunes. tops.

i saw them live at a festival and they were awful.

i will stand by the fact that honest mistake is a banging choon though
back when their debut album came out, i read some good things and checked them out. it was the last time i bought an album without hearing the band first. i ended up giving the album away later that day, but still wanted to go back to the record store and explain myself. if i knew they sucked, i wouldn't have taken the thing up to the counter.
One of my friends got it for me for my birthday one year in high school. I think I listened to it about halfway and never touched it again.

I still have it, though. Maybe one day I'll go back and listen to it again. Or sell it on Amazon. Whichever comes first.

I did, however, like their song "All I Can Do." It wasn't on the album I had, but I'm pretty sure it was released around the same time as, like, a single or something. It was pretty catchy.
There's only one girl in the world for you
and she probably lives in Tahiti.
Well, I can tell you what. There are some good songs on the first album, but I'm not too keen on the second album. They have pretty good songwriting and manage to stand out very well, in independent rock music. Thing is, though, I don't own any post-punk revival albums, at all. I would buy New Wave records, but post-punk stuff, to me, is just hard to swallow. I'm a fan of the British Sea Power and Coldplay, but they really aren't post-punk, as much as they are Britpop with U2 mixed in. I really do like them, along with the Verve.

Oh, and Goldmember, I totally agree with you on Morrisey's music.
Aight, so check it out.

I decided to dig out my album and try it again. Not much has changed, except I realized that "Swollen Summer" is an incredibly catchy song. I've listened to it a few dozen times the past couple of days.

So, it looks like I'll be keeping it. For that song, as well as nostalgic purposes.
There's only one girl in the world for you
and she probably lives in Tahiti.
Personally I thought "Honest Mistake" was a great single but I don't really rate any of their other stuff.

As for the "succeeded where The Killers have failed" remark, I really don't understand what you mean? In My Opinion The Killers have released much bettter material than The Bravery, and have achieved much greater success e.g headliners of Reading/Leeds this year. Of course you could argue greater success doesn't mean they are better but I honestly think they are a much better band than The Bravery ever could be.
TR19

I'm gonna turn it into hydrogen.....
Well, the Killers didn't immediately appeal to me, I suppose. They weren't that melodic, with their debut. The Bravery haven't adjusted well to a major label, like the Killers have. The Sun and Moon isn't as good as their debut.