well...i wanna start getting some pedals 'cuz i got a tube amp, im happy with my guitar, so it looks like the next step. so i was wondering if it would be better to buy a huge multi-effect pedal like the boss gt-8 (people seem to love it here) or just buy individual pedals and buy a pedalboard to shove all of it in...pros/cons of each method would be great....
Member #14 of the "Claudio Sanchez is god" Club.

My Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Epiphone G-400
Fender Precision Bass
Ibanez Exotic Wood Acoustic
Crate BX-15
Crate Palomino V16
Proco Rat 2
Dunlop 353q Crybaby
well if you want super good tone the individual pedals would be better
if you aren't too worried about tone than an effects board would be pretty good
(dont get me wrong multi effects pedals or effects boards can still sound good)

also an effects board/multi effects pedal would be cheaper than buying tons of individual pedals
Quote by alkalineweeman
If by "clean" you mean "get a finger right up in there and do a good bit of spelunking" then i guess "at any given opportunity" is my answer.

mah hardcore band
http://monstersvsaliens.bandcamp.com/
Depends on your budget and genres played... What kind of music are you playing and what would be your maximum pedal budget?
well...genres range anywhere from a kind of alternative rock, pop-punk, blues-ish, metal...so basically the norm i'd guess...i was kinda thinking of just buying http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/DigiTech-RP250-Multi-Effects-Pedal?sku=156607
seems pretty basic, has loads of things that i can just experiment with...all i really need though is a good distortion/overdrive and like a wah...i know i'd use those, but others are kinda just for experimentation...possibly might like another pedal and i'd use that...

My Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Epiphone G-400
Fender Precision Bass
Crate BX-15
Crate Palomino V16
Proco Rat 2
Dunlop 353q Crybaby
From what I've heard Digitech makes good multi-effects. I prefer singles though, because first of all they give better tone, and I only get five bucks a week (allowance) so I can easier get cheaper (not if costs are added up though) individual pedals than an expensive multi that will take a long time to save up for.
Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser Deluxe
Boss DS-1
Crate GTD65

GAS List:
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster
haah...you lucky bastard and your $5 a week...i get paid on birthdays...like 100 bucks...if that...but i'm leaning towards singles...

My Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Epiphone G-400
Fender Precision Bass
Crate BX-15
Crate Palomino V16
Proco Rat 2
Dunlop 353q Crybaby