Poll Options
View poll results: Corporal Punishment
Human Rights and all that
38 51%
Whip the little bastards
37 49%
Voters: 75.
No.
The threat of getting beaten hardly creates a good environment for learning.
There's a reason it was taken away.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by Ur all $h1t
No.

neither does having disruptive little ****es talking crap in class
Quote by EvyDefMetal
neither does having disruptive little ****es talking crap in class

There are far better ways to deal with them.
If all of them fail, then they can simply be sent outside.
If disruption continues they can be suspended, if it still continues they can be expelled.

Do you really think that hitting them will shut them up?
It didn't work when it was used.
-Ronald Reagan

-George Washington
Quote by Ur all $h1t
No.

I remember school. Teachers had no power. You couldn't even grab a child by the shoulders without PC headbutting the teacher and giving him the sack for physical abusing a child.
Quote by garden of grey
No.

It's ridiculous and should be illegal.

On top of that, if the only thing that happened to me when I misbehaved was getting punched or smacked or whatever, I would talk and misbehave all day (Besides, at my age I can picture things getting out of hand. Out of a handful of my friends I can tell you that it would be likely that if they were punched/whipped/smacked by a teacher, at the very least a fist or possibly a blade would come right back at them )

Exactly. They used to use it when my Mam was in school in the 70s
One teacher hit a guy. The teacher then had his head put through the prefab wall into the class where my mother was sitting.
The guy that did it is now a cop.

Quote by Moggan13
I remember school. Teachers had no power. You couldn't even grab a child by the shoulders without PC headbutting the teacher and giving him the sack for physical abusing a child.

It often depends on the situation.
It is not a hard rule to understand anyway, just don;t touch the kids.
I know an engineering teacher in my school who broke a kids wrist with a hammer. Nothing happened to him when he was brought up in front of the courts because the kid had been about to do something very stupid with a machine that would have killed him and the guy beside him, the teachers response was the only one he could think of at the time
-Ronald Reagan

-George Washington
Last edited by Ur all $h1t at Mar 25, 2008,
I hate little kids today, with a freaking passion. Beat the crap out of them.
My Gear:
Yamaha FGX720SCA
Quote by I Be Andyy
I hate little kids today, with a freaking passion. Beat the crap out of them.

But you are one...
Dude?! Of course not man there has never been a case in history where violence worked out for EVERYONE. Plus if that happend in Highschools kids are often bigger than the teachers and most kids wouldn't sit there as someone "attacked" them.
meh teachers can be assholes already. I hat to think what they would be like with coporal punishment.
Personally I think everyone should hit their kids, if neccesarry.

Not like hit them with a bat, but teach from right and wrong.

Detentions don't do ****. Nothing really does. Shove the bastards (and I'm even talking highschool here) into the wall or something, and watch blood run from the nose.

Not abusive, but it'd stop the problems.
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
Quote by Td_Nights
Personally I think everyone should hit their kids, if neccesarry.

Not like hit them with a bat, but teach from right and wrong.

Detentions don't do ****. Nothing really does. Shove the bastards (and I'm even talking highschool here) into the wall or something, and watch blood run from the nose.

Lul

they should make it law you give your kids an uppercut minimum once a week.
Quote by Bornlivedie UK
But you are one...

Okay. 15 isn't considered "old" but I'm definitely not one of those little kids that I so despise..And that really has nothing to do with the thread
My Gear:
Yamaha FGX720SCA
Quote by garden of grey
I am bigger than all of my teachers. If any of them did that to me (allowed or not), I would beat them to the ground. (And a good portion of people at my school would do worse.)

Hell yes that is abusive, you don't think you are pushing towards constant violence by that? If that became common practice for teachers then teachers getting jumped by students would also. It would lead to tons of violence for students and teachers. A school isn't a prison for ****'s sake, there's no need for it.

you look pretty weak to me. when you are grown up you have a massive amount of muscle power.
Because, as we ALL know, violence is the only way to deal with any problem.

I swear, people can't, for whatever, grasp the concept of peace.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
It's not guaranteed to work. I mean if I got spanked in school by one of my teachers, I'd be pretty turned on.

But seriously, pain doesnt beget obedience, just fear and resentment.
Quote by Jackal58
Nothing is stranger than being anonymous.
I think they should brand disobedient students with red hot irons, while the students are on the rack.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Yes. With Rifles.
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
Quote by rush4life
Totally read that as "capital" punishment.

me too
Quote by dminishedthingy
It didn't seem possible, but apparently Messiah can spam even more now.

Quote by \Powerslave/
I can see it now. "Dark Thrones and Black People".

Quote by \Powerslave/
I pretty much wank something small and sleek.

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
Took it for capitol punishment as well...
Fear is no way to keep somebody in line. If schools could actually get good teachers kids would respect them for theuir ability to teach and there would be no problems. The assholes who refuse to contribute positively to the learning environment should be kicked out of the class...
As for the students being bigger than teachers and fighting back, my physics teacher is over 6'5
Quote by mack attack
Dude?! Of course not man there has never been a case in history where violence worked out for EVERYONE. Plus if that happend in Highschools kids are often bigger than the teachers and most kids wouldn't sit there as someone "attacked" them.

I would kick the **** out of all but 1 of my teachers.

He was in the Military, and now he fights in Bodog.
Quote by Td_Nights

I'm sure that many high schoolers would put up more than a fight if they were ever touched.

And it is abusive, because it's physically harming the kids, with noticable evidence, like marks or bruises.

I don't think it will do much of anything, just cause more retaliation. It's the parents job to teach the child how to act, not a teacher.

That last sentence made me chuckle.
Write your own lyrics or poetry? Post them HERE for a crit.
Follow me on Twitter
Yes, but thats only because I do enjoy watching kids get hit. Its so funny because they dont expect it.

Like this one kid from the estate I grew up on. He was about 14 and everyone (including me) feared him because he was the nastiest piece of work... Problem was he was all talk. A 60 year old man clouted him one and he hit the floor... He never misbehaved around that area again.

However, thats the streets... Classroom dynamics are different. I would agree to see it back in schools as a last resort but teachers will abuse it. Hell, teachers abuse what little power that have now... So I somehow dont think its really a good idea. It works with some people, but not with others. Its a complex issue and I wanna go to bed.

... I dont see hitting children as a bad thing if it corrects the childs behaviour, however, its really down to the parents bringing up their kids to respect authority. And all that jazz. Night all.
Sat in a lab, curing diseases. They actually LET me play with chemicals!
Quote by brandon369852
I'm sure that many high schoolers would put up more than a fight if they were ever touched.

And it is abusive, because it's physically harming the kids, with noticable evidence, like marks or bruises.

I don't think it will do much of anything, just cause more retaliation. It's the parents job to teach the child how to act, not a teacher.

That last sentence made me chuckle.

+1

Teachers have had to act as a parental role model in too many kids lives these days, and its sad.

Also, I still don't see how anyone could condone violence, and even asking for blood, to students, or anyone for that matter.

This isn't the 19th century.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
I also think they should bring back thumb screws for this.

lol

bring back the rack!