So there is a lot of controversy surrounding the artificial sweetener Aspartame. Some believe that it may lead to adverse health effects or death through brain tumors, other say there is no reason to believe so.

Has there been any reliable study on this to completely prove / disprove these theories? Wikipedia didn't have much.

Anyone?
My dad's a diabetic, so he's been eating the stuff in fairly large quantities his whole life. He so far has had no brain tumours. That kind of sways me towards it being harmless. Same situation with my great-grandpa, actually.
Quote by BLOBERT
BRO
Quote by restless_thrash
Because the internet is always right.

Because the internet is always wrong.

Quote by BLOBERT
BRO
Quote by restless_thrash
Because the internet is always right.

Because your boring internet sceptic viewpoint is always right.

i think it could give you cancer, but you have to consume a whole ****load of it. you'll never consume so much no matter how many diet sodas you drink.
Yeah, it does cause it, but you have to have the equivalent to about 150 barrels of aspartame in order to even be at risk for a brain tumor.
Everything gives you tumours. Just the other day, I had a Wendy's grilled chicken burger, and I got a stomach tumour.

Best stick to brand name soda, though, TS.
Quote by markr17
go eat a hermanpherdite.
Quote by sSyLc
Everything gives you tumours. Just the other day, I had a Wendy's grilled chicken burger, and I got a stomach tumour.

Best stick to brand name soda, though, TS.

wut?
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"