Page 1 of 2
Quote by Myspace message
Dear Eraserhead,

We are from the record label called Power Clover Records.
You can check us at http://www. powercloverrecords. com

We have heard your tracks on your myspace.
We like your style and are interested in you making music under our name, We would like to hear back from you what you think about this, have a look through our website and see what we do and if you like what we can offer you.

You can find our contract at
http://www. powercloverrecords. com home page- New Artist's Info Page - Click on Contract Specimen.

Power Clover Records
info@powercloverrecords. com
http://www. powercloverrecords. com

E-mail/contact us back through the site.

Thanks Power Clover Records

I'm so god dammed excited about this. Getting tunes that I've worked hard on mastered and sold, maybe even possibly pressed to vinyl. Even if they are a small label, its still something to be proud of, right?

I still dunno if I wanna take it.
They claim to sign artists who produce drum & bass with elements of breakcore and psychedelic trance, but I don't know if that's me. Yeah, I have a bit of techy industrial vibe in some of my tunes, but I'm really afriad that when I actually get signed (we're talking hypothetical here), all I'll feel is jazzy funky vibes, and I don't think they'd release that, you know?
What does UG think?

This is my page: www.myspace.com/ixtlan808
Last edited by MastaBassist10 at Mar 25, 2008,
Its A Trap!
El-Danny

Quote by americnidiot
You keep seeing songs like KoC, SMBH, and Hysteria showing up on games, but I want Micro Cuts on either Rock Band or Sing Star. I want to see numerous masses of kids staring at the tv wondering what the hell they're supposed to do.
Shameless Plug??

lol jk but I would personally go alone to avod being screwed over by industry nerds lol

Man you totally sold out....

Im joking....sometimes you think something will effect they way you write music...but most of the time, they don't
Most excellent, Dan.
BRIGHT LIGHTS PUT ME IN A TRANCE.
but it aint house music that makes me want to dance.
OK Advise:Before you sign ANYTHING, get a lawyer, that way he can tell you if your getting screwed over or not.
El-Danny

Quote by americnidiot
You keep seeing songs like KoC, SMBH, and Hysteria showing up on games, but I want Micro Cuts on either Rock Band or Sing Star. I want to see numerous masses of kids staring at the tv wondering what the hell they're supposed to do.
Quote by the1
Shameless Plug??

lol jk but I would personally go alone to avod being screwed over by industry nerds lol

lol, industry nerds? Drum n bass (Except the chav stuff) is pretty underground and obscure. I don't think I'm facing a HUGE "screwed over" factor here, at least not as much as I would be with someone like Universal or Tower.

Quote by The Spoon
Man you totally sold out....

Im joking....sometimes you think something will effect they way you write music...but most of the time, they don't

See the thing is though, I do EVERYTHING under the sun. Even if you look on my page, you'll see it all from jazzy stuff to dark and cold. I don't wanna be doing industrial sounding one week and housey sounding the next and not having a record label sign the housey stuff.
Last edited by MastaBassist10 at Mar 25, 2008,
if you meet with them, make sure you get COMPLETE creative control. also keep in mind that you'll have to sell way more records to make the same amount of money you're making now.
Well they only have one other artist, and I personally don't like him. Maybe it's just cause of the genre. I don't know man.
Feed your mind.
Quote by eldanny
OK Advise:Before you sign ANYTHING, get a lawyer, that way he can tell you if your getting screwed over or not.

+1
Quote by schecter_guy
if you meet with them, make sure you get COMPLETE creative control. also keep in mind that you'll have to sell way more records to make the same amount of money you're making now.

I'm not making any money now

Plus dance/electronic music doesn't turn a huge profit. I'm not looking to make a living off of this though.
Quote by Chobes
Does it look legit?

I don't know.... Imma think this over during spring break, and maybe ask them to send me some paperwork if they're serious.
someone said there's one other artist on the label. is this true? I wouldn't trust a label unless they had somewhat "made it." you know what I mean?

but get a lawyer and get signed if it's what you wanna do. congrats man.
here's there contract man, http://www.powercloverrecords.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=18 it looks pretty basic, but what the hell do I know about legal stuff. No tricky lingo or anything. I think it says you have to pay the fees if you need permission for samples. Not sure bout that part.
Quote by allislost
I would say that aetherspear speaks nothing but the truth.
UG Blues Group
UG Reggae & Dub Group
Need Professional Mixing for cheap? Need Vinyl to Digital Transfers? PM Me.
Have they ever released anything before? Looks like a scam to me, to be honest. I hope it isn't though!
Arrange to meet with the the label. Get a lawyer. Don't go into this without being 100% sure of eveything, because you could easily get screwed over.

Also, they've only signed one other artist? I don't particularly trust it. Look into all of their credentials.
Quote by monkeyguitar78
Arrange to meet with the the label. Get a lawyer. Don't go into this without being 100% sure of eveything, because you could easily get screwed over.

Also, they've only signed one other artist? I don't particularly trust it. Look into all of their credentials.

They're based in the UK, unfortunately, but I will definately get some Legal help, thanks!

The one other artist thing kind of makes me a little off set, but I'll see if I could contact him (he posts on the same forum I do) and see what's up.
no real record label would contact you through myspace
Quote by Bowe

How else would they contact me? I don't leave any other out in the open....
Quote by MastaBassist10
How else would they contact me? I don't leave any other out in the open....

they'd come see you live, unless you can consistantly fill some local venues record companies wont touch you with a barge-pole
Quote by Bowe
they'd come see you live, unless you can consistantly fill some local venues record companies wont touch you with a barge-pole

I'm electronic musician
I make music at my computer in my room for DJs to play out at clubs and for people to listen to in their headphones.
I got an email like this when I used to have a soundclick...I knew it was bogus because all I had on my soundclick were 30-second recordings for "Guess the Riff".
Quote by AlexInChains
I got an email like this when I used to have a soundclick...I knew it was bogus because all I had on my soundclick were 30-second recordings for "Guess the Riff".

haha.

but maybe they thought they could make a business out of mystery riffs?
Quote by Bowe

Drop Dead, Gorgeous got Rise Records attention through myspace and contacted them through it too....

So yes, a real label could contact you through myspace.
Quote by The Spoon
Drop Dead, Gorgeous got Rise Records attention through myspace and contacted them through it too....

So yes, a real label could contact you through myspace.

It happens all the time in underground music, which is why I wasn't suspicious there...
First and foremost: lawyer.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Ah, I just checked the actual releases on there.... they were absolute bollocks... even if it weren't fake, I wouldn't really wanna be associated to be honest.
Quote by eldanny

+1000

You do not want to get screwed over man.

Otherwise congrats man! Awesome!
if its legit, congrats
pringa

Are you taking over? Or are you taking orders?
Are you going backwards? Or are you going forwards?

****ing do it, Dan.

I'll give you a race to fame.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Page 1 of 2