So, I recently restringed my beat-up Fender [F-15, I believe] acoustic guitar with some brand new Martins, and I'm looking for some cool songs to learn on acoustic. I need some help, as I'm not only a guitarist, but also a YouTube junkie, and need some cool video ideas. I've already done an electric cover of Over the Hills and Far Away (though I forgot to tune up before making the videos -_-'), and I have practically no ideas for acoustic song covers (I'll probably do Wish You Were Here when I get a 12-string). I'd try to make something up, but I'm in the mood for a cover. Anyone got any good suggestions? I'm open to all ideas!
"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
intro to stairway to heaven is always good, behind blue eyes by the who, over the hill and far awy by zeppelin, gallows pole by zeppelin, babe im gonna leave you by zeppelin, hey thee deliah if u cando the words and play at the same time, buckcherrys sorry, everlong by foo fighters, going to california by zeppelin, wonderwall by oasis

justto name a few
Check out John Mayer, John Frusciante and Jack Johnson for some cool acoustic songs
Hey, thanks for the quick replies, guys! Well, I've already learned Over the Hills. I kind of know Gallows Pole, but it is pretty tricky. I would do Hey There Delilah, but I've kind of grown tired of the song. Babe I'm Gonna Leave You, now that one is tricky. I've learned the intro, but I've forgotten it by now, and it is pretty hard.

You know, I was thinking of doing an acoustical cover of Soul to Squeeze, with two videos. One with acoustic guitar and one with bass, and then I could combine them together into one and upload it to YouTube...might be tricky, as I have rhythm troubles :P.

Thanks again for the suggestions, and please add more!
babe im gonna leave u is a bit tricky being such an changing finger picking song but i think its only 5 or 6 chords that u need to do it Plus when u paly it good people seem to be amazed and zep fans just go gaga for it if their girls any ways
Oh. I didn't see the giant sticky topic. How stupid of me! I'll just browse through its pages for a good song. But thanks to all who replied anyway!
Quote by Mr. Brawl
So, I recently restringed my beat-up Fender [F-15, I believe] acoustic guitar with some brand new Martins, and I'm looking for some cool songs to learn on acoustic. I need some help, as I'm not only a guitarist, but also a YouTube junkie, and need some cool video ideas. I've already done an electric cover of Over the Hills and Far Away (though I forgot to tune up before making the videos -_-'), and I have practically no ideas for acoustic song covers (I'll probably do Wish You Were Here when I get a 12-string). I'd try to make something up, but I'm in the mood for a cover. Anyone got any good suggestions? I'm open to all ideas!

I don't know if you are into Bayside but Winter is a pretty sweet song