So do any of you guys/gals use a sattelite internet connection? Such as DirectConnect or Hughes net? If so how well does it work? I am completely fed up with all of the slow ass dial up isps I've tried. Cable and dsl are not an option where I live. And don't suggest I move cause if I did it might be you I move next to. And that would be a disaster for all involved.
Any experiences would be appreciated.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Comes with Spell Check I hear.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
Always outnumbered, never outgunned...
Well, if cable/DSL isn't an option than I guess satellite is a better alternative. Really the ONLY plus of satellite internet is it's a little faster than dial up. The equipment is hella-expensive and every time it clouds up/storms you lose signal, just like satellite TV. honestly I recommend signing up with either AT&T or Sprint and getting their wireless internet service. It's about DSL speeds and they just give you a little USB wireless card to put in your computer. Of course, you have to sign a two-year contract with them though...
Quote by i have to pee
Comes with Spell Check I hear.

I like Ts.

happytimeharry if that was available here I would go that route. I have Direct TV so I'm familiar with rain fade. Doesn't happen often enough to be a major pain. I know the equipment is expensive but was wondering about the actual service performance.
Reading up on it I hear about a nasty little thing they call "fapping" No not the same fapping y'all talk about. Fair Access Policy. Where you get kicked off randomly.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
The actual service performance just isn't very good. I guess if you don't plan on doing any online gaming or hardly any downloading it isn't so bad, but there's just a lot of latency involved. First you have to send the request to the satellite which transmits it to the host. The host then sends it back to the satellite and to your computer. Upload speeds are atrocious as well. Like I said though, if you don't plan on doing any high-bandwith activities than it is definitely a step up from dial up. Hmm, and FAP. Don't believe I've heard that term before. I'll have to look into that.
Thanks man. I've heard that a couple times now. With the investment in equipment the connection better scream. I guess I will suffer with dial up for a while yet.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by Jackal58
Thanks man. I've heard that a couple times now. With the investment in equipment the connection better scream. I guess I will suffer with dial up for a while yet.

So do no cell phone providers offer internet service to you? Most of the time wherever they have coverage, they offer the wireless internet.
Quote by happytimeharry
So do no cell phone providers offer internet service to you? Most of the time wherever they have coverage, they offer the wireless internet.

I've looked into the coverage areas for Sprint, AT&T and Verizon. I am outside of their wireless internet area. Ya they'll set me up on my cellphone but it's god awful expensive.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
it's not THAT bad, and it's MUCH MUCH MUCH faster than dialup. can't play computer games online with it, but you'll be able to play many more online games (if that's something you might be excited about). also, youtube usually streams at a constant pace, instead of having to wait for a movie to finish buffering, etc. it's a pretty big improvement, but it IS really expensive. also, if you go on a downloading spree, it might kick you off for a day or two, maybe up to a week if you downloaded a lot.
I don't do online gaming anymore. And most of the time I spend online is on UG. I had to dl your album you put together elsewhere. Awesome job btw. Kudos to you for making it happen man. I would dl some music and watch some of the Youtube links I see on here. (Things I don't even attempt now) I don't get very exotic in my internet habits.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
if your internet sucks, try duct taping it. if it still sucks, you didnt use enough duct tape.
My internet provider used to practice fapping (I don't know how the hell to use that correctly); it was a MAJOR pain in the ass. I think it's basically an excuse for providers to sell more subscriptions than they can legitimately offer.

If you have the money however, and you aren't too serious about yoru interneting, I would say it's a wise investment.

EDIT: Oh yeah and it's cool as shit to be able to connect to the world through a satellite. My .02
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by Dreadnought
My internet provider used to practice fapping (I don't know how the hell to use that correctly); it was a MAJOR pain in the ass. I think it's basically an excuse for providers to sell more subscriptions than they can legitimately offer.

If you have the money however, and you aren't too serious about yoru interneting, I would say it's a wise investment.

EDIT: Oh yeah and it's cool as shit to be able to connect to the world through a satellite. My .02

huh? your internet provider practices masturbation? they have to practice? wat a bunch morons!!
Quote by Zenith Lead
huh? your internet provider practices masturbation? they have to practice? wat a bunch morons!!

*rubs temples*

How about you just go play with some blocks and let the adults talk?
Quote by happytimeharry
*rubs temples*

How about you just go play with some blocks and let the adults talk?

how about u just go pull the rod outa ur @$$ and get sense of humor.
Thanks Dready. Ya I can afford it I've just had mixed reviews. Kinda like I'm getting in this thread. The fap part is the one issue that bothers me I guess more than anything. Dial up was ok 15 years ago but it's about useless any more.
And sorry guys. Next time I'll put the kiddie table out in the other room.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi