Okay, I want to be able to get a Satch tone but versatility enough for other styles, i.e. hard rock in the vein of AC/DC & Queensryche, and some blues as well. Need good cleans, too. Pup configuration on a S470 is H - S - H.

A while back some on this board recommended a Dimarzio ToneZone for the bridge and a Seymour Duncan Jazz for the neck. Some suggested that the middle single coil doesn't need to be swapped out, others suggested it be done.

I never got around to making those swaps due to the fact that I got an acoustic and have been playing it almost exclusively for the last year two years. Now I'm ready to dedicate more time and money to my '05 Ibanez S470.

So I just wanted to double-check if there are any thoughts here about such a pup combination and if perhaps in the past couple of years there have been new pickups that have come out that may be a better combination, especially on a mahogany body like my S470's.

p.s. Also thinking of getting a Peavey Classic 30 just in case someone's wondering what amp I'd be using.

Thanks in advance!
Ibanez S470 (2005 Black)
Washburn D10SCE
Vox AD30VT
Quote by which ones pink
Perhaps a DiMarzio Mo'Joe in the bridge and a PAF Pro in the neck?

That might work. I find that PAF style pickups can work for any kind of music because the low output makes the clarity good compared to high output ceramic pickups.
Quote by acdcrocks0323
That might work. I find that PAF style pickups can work for any kind of music because the low output makes the clarity good compared to high output ceramic pickups.
Thanks everyone for the comments thus far.

Regarding the Mo Joe and PAP Pro, are those a good combo on a mahogany guitar like mine?

Thanks!
Ibanez S470 (2005 Black)
Washburn D10SCE
Vox AD30VT