I am starting to tap... thought I would give it a whirl. However, I am having severe speed problems with this lick:

E|---17--13p10--17--13p10--- ect.

The two 17's are tapped. However I am struggling to tap the 17 with my middle finger then immediatly move my hand down to pluck the 13. Would it be better to pluck the string on the neck instead of moving down to pickups?

Thanks.
Last edited by ~Shred Hero~ at Mar 25, 2008,
i say do a pull off, or u can pick on the neck but the pull off might be better if ur doing it relativy fast
a) use your riht hand if u cant do it right
b)(better solution) use your small finger to tap the 17th fret!

hope it was useful!
Ivan!

Proghead+Metalhead= ME

||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

URL=http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ar gentina
Quote by F8iscruel
i say do a pull off, or u can pick on the neck but the pull off might be better if ur doing it relativy fast
Alright thanks! =)
You don't need to pluck the 13. You need to tap the 17 and 'pull-off' with the middle finger to the 13th fret.
Quote by ivan_2894
a) use your riht hand if u cant do it right
b)(better solution) use your small finger to tap the 17th fret!

hope it was useful!

I am using my right hand to tap the 17.
its impossible to hammer on from the 13th fret to the 10th fret. You would pull off. So, you hammer on with your right hand AND pull off with your right hand to the 13th fret, then pull off with your left hand to the 10th fret. repeat. there is NO plucking of the pick at all.
Quote by G-Dog_666
You don't need to pluck the 13. You need to tap the 17 and 'pull-off' with the middle finger to the 13th fret.

I was thinking it but didnt know if it was like cheating out the sound or anything.
like the one guy said, if u have a big enoug reach just do the tap with ur pinky it would work unless ur trying to look bada$$ in which case forget about it
Quote by Jayez
its impossible to hammer on from the 13th fret to the 10th fret. You would pull off. So, you hammer on with your right hand AND pull off with your right hand to the 13th fret, then pull off with your left hand to the 10th fret. repeat. there is NO plucking of the pick at all.
I meant to say pull off, my fault.
"13h10"? Should be 13p10, and if I was you I'd just pull-off with your tapping finger to the 13th fret.

edit: Okay I was late, but well there's my opinion.
Originally Posted by SkyValley
yeah im a virgin but im also pretty good at things like ping-pong and drawing pictures of people playing water polo so it balances out
Hammer on the 13th fret at the same time as you tap the 17th fret. When you pull off the 17 the 13th fret sounds, then just pull off the 13th.