I have been playing for 14 months now, and I think I have gotten pretty good for the time I have spent playing. I wanted to do something a bit harder and something that could help improve my string skips, so I started to learn Scarified. I have learned everything except the very last solo, and I am questioning wether or not to keep trying to get better at it. I mean, it doesn't sound TERRIBLE, but it is certainly not good. Or even average. It's a very hard song, and I envy mr. Gilbert for playing it so well...

So do you think I should keep going? Keep trying to play it well and suck it up if it doesn't sound good right now? Or should I do something easier?
well i am unsure if you will be able to play it at full tempo with only 14 months...but its within your ability for sure.

it will definitely NOT hurt you at all playing it, and will help you learn speed and patterns. As always..dont get hung up on one song, because there are only so many things you can learn from one song, but my advice is to most definitely keep working on scarified.

NEVER go easier. ALWAYS slow it down thats my motto and its gotten me further than I ever imagined.

gl man, why would guitar be any fun if it didnt challenge the **** out of you
Jackson KV2 USA Snow White/Black Bevels
Well... I can't play it at full tempo.
Maybe like half the tempo. But the intro I can do pretty well, almost full speed.
i started learning it last summer, and ive STILL not got the outro down or the rest of it at full speed!

keep at it, it helps you learn some cool patterns and stuff!
i use the string skips (from pauls newer version) to warm up sometimes
Top lel.
learn to play it now.

sometimes i'll learn a song and won't be able to play it, then after sometime when i do aquire the skills needed to play it i'll revisit it and it'll be easy because i already know all of the notes.
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Quote by Waterboy799
learn to play it now.

sometimes i'll learn a song and won't be able to play it, then after sometime when i do aquire the skills needed to play it i'll revisit it and it'll be easy because i already know all of the notes.

That's what I did with hangar 18 by Megadeth. When I first learned it I sucked terribly at it but learned all the notes. Later, I tried it again and it was easier.

But I haven't been able to practice much else since I've been learning Scarified.
Scarified's a hell of a song

it's enough to keep anyone busy
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat