How much better is a accoustic guitar that is worth $300 buck than a guitar worth $80bucks. Someone from my family got this guitar and I don't know if it is any playable. I have Samick LW-015. I can't even find anything much about it
well a guitar that is 300$ will propable sound alot better then some 80$ gutiar at least a 300$ gutiar (depending on what brand) they put a little effort into making them.
Won't make much difference...if you put that $80 guitar into the hands of a virtuoso then it will sound amazing. Stop trying to make yourself better by spending more money on instruments - that don't mean ****!
Yeah I guess. But I mean when I listen to instructional videos or something, their guitars sound a lot better. The open chords for example.
Quote by tonesofmastery
Won't make much difference...if you put that $80 guitar into the hands of a virtuoso then it will sound amazing. Stop trying to make yourself better by spending more money on instruments - that don't mean ****!

i think that also, but atleast make it easyer on your self to buy a ok gutiar to learnon then some piece of **** from walmart, that the frets are ****ed and won't go in tune.
well, an $80 guitar in the hands of a virtuoso still sounds like an $80 guitar. I mean, he might play it well, but the actual sound he gets from it is going to suck as compared to an instrument of reasonable quality. And, generally, $80 guitars sound like ****. $300 guitars, at least the maker put SOME effort into making them.
Quote by tonesofmastery

clearly you know f*ck all about anything so you can f*ck off..

well the price would say, its build with better quality,

you do pay for the brand name also...

the pickups will be better, it will sound better also.
i think were all forgetting the basic principle of guitar playing,
the guitar does not make the player, the play makes the guitar
Quote by uvq

the pickups will be better, it will sound better also.

I doubt a $300 accoustic guitar would have pickups.
Quote by tonesofmastery

Lol the virtuso will be shredding out some solo while the neck is falling off cos it was glued on in somwhere like Formosa and the pick ups will be as powerful as a battrey powerd mini fan lol.
You cant honestly tell me that a good quality $300+ guitar setup right, intonated right, with a good solid isnt going to sound better no matter what. You DO play much betetr on a guitar setup properly. And a good guitar will make you play more, which usually will make you a better player.

I understand where your coming from but I think you need to go at it in a different way. If I listen to Tommy Emmanuel playing a real POS guitar I'm going to think, wow that guitar sounds like ****, it just isnt doing his songs justice. But being such a great guitarest he would still play fantastically. Still, a good guitar is pretty vital for how you souind and your playing. And you can relate to it so many other things. The skill is the biggest factor and if you have no skill, better gear really won't help. But better gear will give you an extra edge.
again atleast make it easyer on yourself and buy a ok gutiar to learn on that sounds ok and everything works, instead of some piece of **** 80$(as an example) guitar from walmart that sound like **** the frets are ****ed and won't stay in tune.
Quote by tonesofmastery

nah man... in the whole aspect of things... i'd say that it's safe to say that the sounds coming out of a guitar when someone plays is about...

20% guitar
80% player

each part is every bit just as important though. some cheap guitars have action high enough for only a body builder to play.
Theoretically a 300$ guitar must be better than one that cost 80$, but sometimes depends how the guitar feels in the guitarist's hand and what those 220$ price's difference is invested.
Besides being a guitar player, I'm a big fan of the guitar. I love that damn instrument. Steve Vai

Gear:
Kramer Striker FR422SM
Roland Microcube
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Tortex 1.14mm picks

MY VIDEOS
Wow, there are some morons in this thread.

To make a point towards the thread starters question... There is a big difference. If you played.. for example an Epiphone Hummingbird($299) next to your $80 guitar, the sound coming from the Hummingbird would be brighter, warmer, and just better. Even to someone who had never played guitar.

But the primary difference would be the feel. I play a cruddy $115 TGX. When I go to Guitar Center, I'm blown away by how much better a guitar can feel. It's hard to explain, but anyone who plays guitar knows what I'm talking about. Plus, it's built better. Better action, straight neck, frets all level. It honestly makes me play better when I'm playing a better guitar.

I fully agree with what was said about "If TE played an $80 guitar" or whatever. You would easily recognize his skill and talent, but you would also hear the terrible tone and buzzing from the $80 guitar.

kthxbai
I'm not a fan of facts. You see, the facts can change, but my opinion will never change, no matter what the facts are. - Stephen Colbert