I have a friend looking to buy this amp, and was wondering if there was something bad that everyone associated with them. He loves the tone of one, so is pretty much set on saving his money up for one. Before you ask, he has tried a Valveking and Palomino. Thought the Palomino wasn't too good, thought the Valveking was merely okay. I'm telling him he should try out a Peavey Classic 30, because it a)has more watts and b) would be easier to get a deal on. We play a WIDE variety of stuff, we're covering Cherub Rock and Helter Skelter, to give an idea.

But anyway, any major concerns about the Vox?
In reality, he probably won't need more than 15 watts. And if he likes the sound of the Vox, let him get the Vox. A Peavey Classic 30 won't sound anywhere near the same as the AC15.
Now it's 1984
Knock knock at your front door
It's the suede denim secret police
They have come for your un-cool niece
I'm not a fan of the AC15CC1. For a similar sound to the Vox AC's, and for similar money to the AC15, I'd go for the Peavey Delta Blues. It's a 30W two channel amp with tremolo and reverb, a very nice "poor man's" AC30.

If you want cleans at gig levels, 30W is the size to get.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
i think the ac15 is a great sounding amp. only thing is its not very versitile. it has a very limited gain range and only 2 eq knobs. despite this, the ac15 has great tone if it is the sound you are looking for.
If he already loves the tone then he should get it. They are by no means bad amps. Just don't expect the same thing as an AC30
major concerns about the ac15cc1? there are a few down points, such as no fx loop, single channel, only 2 tone controls, but on the other hand it sounds ****ing awesome to me
POST FINDER
Quote by mattreid222
major concerns about the ac15cc1? there are a few down points, such as no fx loop, single channel, only 2 tone controls, but on the other hand it sounds ****ing awesome to me

+1
Quote by mattreid222

I would agree with the FX loop, but for that amp you don't really need multiple channels or a lot of EQ knobs.
Quote by Gutch220
I would agree with the FX loop, but for that amp you don't really need multiple channels or a lot of EQ knobs.

+1

The smaller the tone stack, the more pure the tone.
Now it's 1984
Knock knock at your front door
It's the suede denim secret police
They have come for your un-cool niece