Im interseed in buying the Jackson RR24 but its made of alder and ive only ever used mahogany.

i play a Ibanez VBT-700 atm thru a peavey 6505 head

i played the jackson in the store but only thrua line six spider soicouldnt get a tru idea of the tone cananyone tell me more about the tone ofthis guitar

bear inmind i play in drop B tunning would the adler cope with this
You'd think with todays education system and spell check on computers that posts on UG would come out looking better then a 5 year old wrote them....
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
Alder is a fine wood...
Has more definition than mahogany, but less bottom end and less sustain.
But, your tone is more in the pickups and amp, so you should be fine.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by DSOTM80
You'd think with todays education system and spell check on computers that posts on UG would come out looking better then a 5 year old wrote them....

LMAO
Quote by DSOTM80

agreeeeed.
oh, to really understand the bare essence of my post you have to yell 'agreeed' out loud in a way like Willie the Scottish janitor (from the Simpsons) would have said it.
Lol ^ I'm not gonna insult you. I think it would be a good guitar to get, although, if you're droptuning all the way down to B, perhaps consider getting a baritone styled guitar or a 7 string? I mean, the RR24 should work, but there are other options.
Aggrrrrhhhreeeeed!
^Like that?
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
also choosing strings accordingly to your tuning is important, i think string choice is more important whether the guitar sounds good in drop B tuning (never heard of that one) then the kind of wood the neck is made of.
all in all, you should've really played the guitar through a clean channel in the store. ; )
For gods sake if the guy is dyslexic leave him alone.

Alder is a good wood!
Derp.
Quote by darkarbiter7
Aggrrrrhhhreeeeed!
^Like that?

nice man, real nice.
If your playing in drop B a lot and would rather consider a seven string, check out the Schecter C7 hellraiser, its under £700 and u can get it from www.thomann.de (im assuming ur in europe as u mentioned £ seems to be one of the best in the price range - has mahogany body and EMG pickups

Apologies for not actually answering your question :p
Quote by DSOTM80

post of the week
I would also suggest a 7 string.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by darkarbiter7
Alder is a fine wood...
Has more definition than mahogany, but less bottom end and less sustain.
But, your tone is more in the pickups and amp, so you should be fine.

+1

Its hard to find a wood that can do it all, you just kind of have to pick one and go with it.

I have a alder guitar and the sustain is pretty low expecially due to the Floyd. But i installed a Bell Brass sustain big block and now i have sustain for days. Its almost to much sustain lol

So that can be fixed and with the right eq setup and speakers you can add in a bit more bottom end to make up the difference.

But if you looking for bottom end and sustain and dont want to mess with it then get the mahogany...
Alder would sound brighter, but as the people ^ have said, the tone mainly comes from your pick ups. If your happy with the Jackson, then go for it, its a good guitar and hey even Steve Vai's Jems are made with alder!!
My Gear:
Ibanez SV5470 Prestige
Washburn WG208
Marshall MG15DFX(Practice amp)
Peavey Classic Rocker 30/Vox AC15( Coming soon)
POD X3 Live..xD
Mesa Boogie Lonestar Special(In my dreams...)
As stated, alder will sound brighter and have a nice, sharper, treble-y side to it.

But this will only be a minor sonic difference if your playing some high output hums into a 6505.
Guys, it's drop B (B, F#, B, E, G#, C#), not Standard B. I don't think he's supposed to use a baritone, but then again I don't know because I don't play that low (yet).
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Alder is fine. I bet you most of us couldn't hear the difference unless it was a direct AB comparison. I mean, if your next guitar is only going to be for recording purposes, then I would get a wood that has more bottom end. But anything else would be fine.
mahogany is my #1 choice, over any other wood. Body and neck. I love the tone and feel.
thank everyone for ur thorts im gonna go for it as the guitar is for touring the states not so much recording plus phil demmel from machinehead plus alder and sometimes basswood so im gonna go for it