If you understand this please explain or PM me. I get the basic stuff but I dont know what STP means and dont say Stone Temple Pilots
zero degrees celcius and 1 atm. if I'm not mistaken... but I am also terrible at chemistry
Quote by DarkEra97
zero degrees celcius and 1 atm. if I'm not mistaken... but I am also terrible at chemistry

Yep, that's it. 0 degrees celcius, 1 atm (760 mm Hg, or 760 torr if you're wierd).
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
Quote by Your41Plague12
Yep, that's it. 0 degrees celcius, 1 atm (760 mm Hg, or 760 torr if you're wierd).

what is/are torr? I've never heard that one before. I know mm Hg is millimetres mercury if you were to measure it with a thermometer-like device.

EDIT: No, 293 K, 20 C, 1 atm is STAP, thats different. I honestly forget what it measn exactly though, something along the lines of standard temp. ambient presure
Ok so when it asks for the volume of 0.150 moles of helium gas occupied at STp that means what?Sorry but I just dont get this and I have googled it
It's tough man, its good practice for me though because I have a final exam on this stuff in May... You use STP to convert it, knowing 1 mol = 1 L at STP I think... I may be wrong though, it's been a while since I did this stuff.
isnt it PV=nRT

with Pressure in Atm, Volume in Liters, n as # moles, R as .0821, and Temperature in Kelvin

then just plug in the numbers

Quote by FireItUp714
isnt it PV=nRT

with Pressure in Atm, Volume in Liters, n as # moles, R as .0821, and Temperature in Kelvin

then just plug in the numbers

"piv-nert", as we called it in chemistry. That's how you do it, TS; it can be a bear at first, but once you get it, it's not so difficult. BTW, for whoever asked, Torr was the name of a scientist who pretty much just made up his own unit for a mm Hg, which made no sense to me, but whatever. It's pretty much obscure and you'll more than likely never see it, but should you see it, 1 Torr = I mm Hg.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
is it really that obscure?
my textbook and teacher use torr more than mm Hg