Hi everyone. I'm not quite sure where to start on this because although I've been playing guitar for 4 years, it's been mostly acoustic/classical and I'm just now getting into the electric guitar and playing in a band the past year.

I've sort of found the sound I'd like to acheive, and while getting the right gear and such would be great, there's one effect in the bands I listen to I would love to be able to do.

I'm investing in a Fuzz Factory pedal, as I love the sound that Matt Bellamy has on his guitars and it seems like the pedal is versatile enough that I can find a tone to stand apart from a less talented version of him. The reason I'm asking about modding however, is how he has the pedal built into one or more of his guitars. If I wanted, would I be able to get the pedal and integrate into my guitar/find someone who could do this, or is this something where I'd have to shell out money to have the guitar specifically built with the pedal's effects already built in.

My 2nd question is this-if it is possible to put the pedal's hardware into my guitar and hook it up, would I be able to turn the effect off and still get a clean effect out of my guitar, or would I have to have a 2nd guitar for songs with a clean effect?

Thanks in advance for any advice or insight you can give to me. In case it's important, The guitar I own is a Gibson SG with 81/85EMG pickups.
Okay, well, first off, I don't think the Fuzz Factory is that versatile.

As far as building it into your guitars, I think it's kind of dumb. All it means is that you have to use your hands to use it, instead of having it on your board. It works for him, because he likes to play with the controls so he can change the feedback and etc. on it.

Basically, to put in your guitar, you'll have to rout a lot of wood. That's it.

But I wouldn't do it. It's kind of gimmicky, IMO.
yes to both questions. i can reassure you of that although i cant be of much help to actually setting it up since i only know the basic concepts of it. you would have to put a 9v battery in either the control cavity or cut a spot to put a box for it. it can be done but it may not be easy or quick.
Quote by Peradactyl
alright, off topic but how do i make forum posts

Quote by The_Paranoia
a4lrocker is an offical thread legend.
Quote by a4lrocker
yes to both questions. i can reassure you of that although i cant be of much help to actually setting it up since i only know the basic concepts of it. you would have to put a 9v battery in either the control cavity or cut a spot to put a box for it. it can be done but it may not be easy or quick.

he already has a battery in it because he has emgs.

but it should be fine man, im sure you know someone who is willing to do it for you. the only other thing i could see as a problem, is the space.