This is probably a pretty stupid question, but here goes.

Is feedback the obnoxious noise when you turn your amp up really high, and it starts screaming and making really annoying noises.

Don't know if this helps, but i have a Spider 3: 30Watt, and everytime i turn it all the way up, it starts screaming, even in the song, i can hear a faint scream, just loud enought to seriously get on my nerves.

Any comments help, accept negative ones, they're ususally not too helpful.
O O

___
Yes. How far from the amp are you? Also, it's except, not accept in this case (I'm a grammar Nazi, it's the way I am).
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Last edited by oneblackened at Mar 25, 2008,
its probably the spider telling you that its going to self-destruct, which it should, and yes thats feedback

Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus-Top, SH-2 and SH-5
Ibanez GRX20
Baron Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 112
Roland Cube 15
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Boss PH-3 Phase Shifter
Boss BF-3 Flanger
Quote by oneblackened
yes. how far from the amp are you? also, it's except, not accept in this case (I'm a grammar nazi, it's the way I am).

I don't mean to pick fault mate or be an ass hole, but you started your sentence without a capital! Busted!!!!
Gah! I'd better fix that...
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
Gah! I'd better fix that...

Rofl mate! Its a good quote that, in a non offensive way.
Quote by AngryGoldfish
I don't mean to pick fault mate or be an ass hole, but you started your sentence without a capital! Busted!!!!

From one Grammar Nazi to another, you just got thine ass beat!

Go back to Grammar Camp, mein freund.
I was an Internet Witness in the mike.h Murder Case.
Quote by Pauldapro
this man is right. everything he says is right. so, stop killing people and get therapy ffs
Make a thread for both questions next time, making 2 threads is pointless and pushes other threads further down. Also, please dont add \_/\_/ to your thread titles please. Its not needed.
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

New Amp Fund: Depleted
Yes thats feedback. It happens when the soundwaves from the amp are loud enough to vibrate the strings on their own. It helps if you stand behind the amp or face your back towards it. Also, dont crank it. Solid states sound nasty when cranked and the volume is harmfull to your ears.
"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky"
Quote by AngryGoldfish
Rofl mate! Its a good quote that, in a non offensive way.

feel free to sig.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
Quote by GuitarNinja12
Yes thats feedback. It happens when the soundwaves from the amp are loud enough to vibrate the strings on their own. It helps if you stand behind the amp or face your back towards it. Also, dont crank it. Solid states sound nasty when cranked and the volume is harmfull to your ears.

I don't think they vibrate the strings, they just are picked up by the pickups over and over. On point, don't crank a modelling amp for feedback.
Quote by allislost
I would say that aetherspear speaks nothing but the truth.
UG Blues Group
UG Reggae & Dub Group
Need Professional Mixing for cheap? Need Vinyl to Digital Transfers? PM Me.
just in case it wasn't actually feedback (it prolly was) but it MIGGHHTTT be just the humming from ur amp because it means that it is pushing really hard and ur output is too big for the amp to handle (AKA, if u FULLLLLLYYY crank it, it will blow).
------------
OhMyGosh123