How much of the Beatles songs do you think is due to Geroge Martin, their producer? Because I do read in interviews that he is kind of the mastermind of putting everything together. Is this true?

How much of a role do producers have on the actual making of songs compared to the band?
Well he did play piano on a lot of their songs. He did play his part, but The Beatles were The Beatles.
Quote by Altered_Carbon
That's some bony hipster sex, which may be the best kind.
Quote by DominoK
How much of the Beatles songs do you think is due to Geroge Martin, their producer? Because I do read in interviews that he is kind of the mastermind of putting everything together. Is this true?

How much of a role do producers have on the actual making of songs compared to the band?

well of-course he had an effect, but to bring this up as a way to downplay their talent really isn't accurate or fair.

They were great musicians, period.
shred is gaudy music
George Martin was more of an arranger of songs. Many of the brass solos in certain songs (For No One, Penny Lane) were written by him. He was great in the studio as far as getting what ideas any of the Beatles had onto a record. If one of them came to him with two parts to a song (for example, Strawberry Fields Forever) that didn't fit.. he fit them together flawlessly, but the raw song writing was done by the Beatles themselves.
Nor less I deem that there are Powers
Which of themselves our minds impress;
That we can feed this mind of ours
In a wise passiveness.
--Wordsworth

last.fm