This is just a rough draft and I hope to clean it up more for a better recording. I did all the brass and drums with Reason 3.0 but everything else is recorded. I don't know how good the mix is because I mixed it on a set of hi-fi speakers. Also, all of the solos are improvised, I wanted to keep it a true jazz song. Tell me what you think!

the song should be in my profile

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/WlCmToTheJungle/
My Gear:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

Last edited by WlCmToTheJungle at Mar 27, 2008,
40 view and not one comment? harsh. Ill return a crit
My Gear:
Epiphone Sheraton II
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

ouch that was harsh.

Anyway, I can't really find any true fault with this, because I still can't really judge true jazz songs. The beauty of the yazz is that it can be anything. But I would have to say that the outro does get a bit lengthy IMO. Im sorry i can't really make a super lengthy crit like yours was but I can't judge true jazz songs for the life of me.
My sig used to be so awesome it got me banned
Well good job there... That was a perfect recording ... It was a perfect song for the genre and I don't listen to jazz but still this sounded great... I really don't know what to tell you to fix... it was really great... The panning on the drums was very nice too...

Good work
This is pretty badass, Im no expert on this genre or anything, but it had me interested. I like the bass presence in the background, it kind of moves the whole song. I think the coolest part in the song was the little guitar jazz interlude, really swift playing. don;t know about the horn in teh background, you should have just kept it guitar and some background organ (?) Im guessing.

crit mine if you can:

http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=817331
Originally posted by J_Dizzle
THAAAANK YOU GoodCharloteSux is god
what horn are you talking about?

I'll get to your song don't worry. I have a big day ahead of me though (getting my license, doctors appt, then partying ) thanks for the feedback so far
My Gear:
Epiphone Sheraton II
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

During teh clean guitar interlude, solo piece, with that hum in the background.
Originally posted by J_Dizzle
THAAAANK YOU GoodCharloteSux is god