I'm planning on getting a footpedal or two, but i have a question.

Is it better to get a number of footpedals, like 2 or 3, or one footpedal with(well the one i'm looking at has)16 effects(The Line 6: DM4)?
O O

___
Quote by Geartrigger
Single effects are generally better than multi-effects.

Exactly. It's way harder to try and dial in the specific things you want a certain effect to do in a big processor than it is to just get one pedal for one effect with knobs only for that effect. Go with multiple pedals, but make sure (obviously) you've got a power source/those little 6" connector cables to link the various effects.
I was an Internet Witness in the mike.h Murder Case.
Quote by Pauldapro
this man is right. everything he says is right. so, stop killing people and get therapy ffs
its all what you need, singles are better quality almost all the time, but if you want a ton of fx and dont have a ton for quality single pedals a nice mfx pedal might be better. If you want only a few effects, shoot for high quality single effects pedals.
I would get one. Analog effects, from my experiance, sound much better, and can be dialed in better than digital ones. As long as you have an idea of the sound u want, definately go analog.
Well in the example you picked, the DL-4 would be pointless to buy in subsitute for different pedals considering it only does delay. It does, however, do delay quite well from what I've heard, so if you're considering that, Id say check it out. It seems tho that you're looking at multifx, such as the vox tonelab, vs single effects. If thats the case, I'd go with single effects, especially if youre only looking for 2-3 as itll do those effects very well instead of doing many effects, many of which you wont use, poorly.
Traynor YCS-50>EHX SMM w/ Hazarai>EHX DMM>EHX Holy Grail>EHX Small Stone>EHX Big Muff PI (NY)>EHX Pulsar>Ibanez TS-9DX>Echo Park>Ibanez Vintage Tubeking>Fulltone OCD>Zvex Fuzz Factory> Roto-Machine>Fulltone Wah>MJM London Fuzz>Fender Strat
the Line 6 pedals are decent (their delay/reverb ones like the DL-4, echo park, and verbzilla are really great) but there are tons of other options. I don't think you'd need a DL-4 for your first pedal, try a distortion, mod, and wah first maybe.
Quote by allislost
I would say that aetherspear speaks nothing but the truth.
UG Blues Group
UG Reggae & Dub Group
Need Professional Mixing for cheap? Need Vinyl to Digital Transfers? PM Me.
Thanks to all of you, every single comment helped.

I was actually gonna buy a Multi-FX pedal, but not now, definately not.

P.S. isn't there a thing you can put the footpedals in, like a sort of box thingy, like to keep them in place???
O O

___
It would be better to hold off on pedals and put the money towards a better amp. Pedals dont sound so good with spiders.
"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky"
You use a Line 6 Spider. Buy a new amp before you think about buying effects.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com