which would some of you's prefer? Custom or Standard... also i seen an epip SG which would be the best? thanks
it's all preference, do you prefer the gold hardware and square inlays, or would you rather have the chrome hardware and trapezoid inlays. pretty much the main difference, besides finish. but it's all cosmetic, so basically is it worth another hundred bucks for the custom?
my gear:
gibson les paul classic
epiphoen les paul standard
fender standard fat strat
peavey valveking 112
boss me-50
crybaby original wah
i own a custom and an sg and i would have 2 say custom i love the les pauls and i just love thy custom haha i actually was just in the studio recording with it
Save your money for a Gibson. You'll regret it in the long run. If I had to choose though, I would go with the standard. The custom looks too tacky for me. I saved my money to get my dream and it was totally worth it, a Taylor 214e.
Gear:

Guitars
Martin DSR
Taylor 214e
Fender Strat
Epiphone 335 Dot
Carlo Robelli Acoustic

Amps+Effects
1978 Fender Pro Reverb
Boss Blues Driver
Boss Super Overdrive
EHX Holy Grail
Boss DD-20 Giga Delay
Standard. It looks a bit less, as said before, tacky. The only thing I like about the custom is the headstock. TS: look at the elitist Epi's, they are about $1000 and are as good as Gibby Standards or higher.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
Standard. It looks a bit less, as said before, tacky. The only thing I like about the custom is the headstock. TS: look at the elitist Epi's, they are about $1000 and are as good as Gibby Standards or higher.

+1

Epiphone Customs are built slightly better overall.
And they look sexy as hell
Quote by drunkinkoala
you can be jesus.

Quote by Wesseem
most useless response i think i have ever seen on any forum ever.

Quote by Turkeyburger

Lolflag
You might wanna take a look at the Michael Kelly Patriot; a better guitar for a lower price.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
i was going to get a custon black with gold hardware

and i played and it felt and sound like ****E

and i played a standard and it was sweet

but this was after my schecter purchase ;D
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Blackstar HT-5 Head
Homemade 1x12 from a combo cab with an Eminence PJ
Quote by ikey_
perhaps i have a superb epiphone. the japanese man must have gotten laid and won the lottery right before he made my guitar. whatever.