Yet another computer problem

I have a laptop, and every once in a while, when I close the lid (putting the laptop in sleep mode), when I open it back up and log in, the mouse is frozen. Scrolling, clicking, even hovering, none of it works.

My touchpad has special areas that, when you tap them, adjust the volume, scroll, and open two program shortcuts. None of that works either.

It takes about 10 minutes for my computer to fully restart, is there a quicker way to fix this? I can only use my keyboard.

Tab is my friend.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
there's a little button at the top of my mousepad that makes it not work, it turns orange when it's not in use. You've probably though of that though.
Weird. :s Is it a HP Compaq one? I have one, and that has that mouse freezey button, but thats a) already been said and b) probably already been thought of.

However, my HP Compaq just has loads of inexplicable problems of late.
This week I have mostly been listening to...

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
As an additional remark, I would advise everybody to stfu and listen to Buz XD

how many times do i hav to tell you people, you need to duct tape it and if it still doesnt work, duct tape it sum more!
Quote by Zenith Lead
how many times do i hav to tell you people, you need to duct tape it and if it still doesnt work, duct tape it sum more!

Significantly less than you've already told us.

Bye.

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss

Quote by Buz O)))
Significantly less than you've already told us.

Bye.

huh?

anyways and if it still doesnt work, you set it on fire, put in a box and mail it to H3ll.
Quote by Zenith Lead
huh?

anyways and if it still doesnt work, you set it on fire, put in a box and mail it to H3ll.

Try that with your computer, PLEASE.

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss

Quote by Buz O)))
Try that with your computer, PLEASE.

oh haha u so funny. you make american jokes ya? why dont you take your attitude, stick it in your nose and blow it out your anus.
People like you are sucked so far up your @$$, you can see your brain (ofcourse if your male, its not very far away) you need to lighten up and realize when someone is using sarcasm, whether you want humor or not

Please dont try to e-argue and hav a nice day.