Hey, I'm new to this site and so far I love it. But I have one quick question:

Which of these would you recommend and please note I need a amazing bass just a ligament one.

Currently, I have a Squier P Bass though I was thinking along the lines of a...

* Ep. Thunderbird Iv (<heard very good and bad things)
* Fender J or stick with a Fender P
* Some kind of Ibanez
* Some kind of Yamaha (possibly)

Thanks in advance for those of you who help.
The Epi won't be an improvement and out of the rest it depends really... you need to find out which you want. I will always recommend a Fender J and others will do the same for "some kind of Ibanez" and "some kind of Yamaha".
><><Fender for life><>< indeed.

Makes me wonder... what very good things did you hear about the T-Bird? Other than "many people don't like the T-Bird, therefore they must be all bandwagoners and therefore their opinions are the opposite of the truth" or "I like basses that are different. I'm not gonna say a damn thing about the actual bass in question. I might mention that I like it and don't like popular basses. That's all."

Also, can you please explain "please note I need a amazing bass just a ligament one"? That reads like a Japanese T-Shirt.

And finally - what's your budget?
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
if you look ibanez, the SR series are amazing, i have a 6 string one, but i assume the 4 and 5 are just as good

they play more like a guitar with their thin necks, but i like them
Quote by its_alive
Lighten up.

The Pit>Professionals

Quote by meh!
Wow, the rape wagon. The wagon sounds like the best wagon in town
So i can kind of end this confusion by " some kind of ____) I meant that i don't actually know the names ,for example, I couldn't remember GSR2000.

The good things I heard about the Tbrids are that they are very sensitive, light, stylish, play great for rock and punk, and has a very deep sound along with a great treble.

By "Legitimate" I mean I don't need some $1000-2000 dollar guitar. I just want a bass that would be great for playing around locally and with friends.

My price range would be at max $800 but I prefer something in the $300-600 range.
I'd recommend a Highway 1 Precision or Jazz. You won't hear anything good about the Thunderbird here, with good reason, its not really that good.
Gear:

Fender Mexi Fat Strat
2005 Taylor 614ce

Fender MIM J-Bass Fretless
Not only did you say Ligament, you said that you DO need an amazing bass. Actually, you said 'a amazing bass.'

Anyway, in my opinion, the Highway One bass is an excellent series you should check out. The finish isn't for everyone, but it's a great value.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
look into fenders but make sure you play some from each brand.most people like fenders, i do not. Jazzes sound good but i don't like the feel. I've owned a dean and it's ok but beat up so bad setup now and it's kindacheap but a nicedeep sound. schecter are good for hte money but might be out of your range. dunno. i own a samick and while i love hte tone and all i don't play it anymore unless i need hte extra range(sixstring) I love ibanez. i got a mij ibanez and was pleasantly surprised. went to the store to try some more just to do so and found that the thinner the neck the more i like it. of course playing makes my wrist hurt so having something smaller makes it feel better.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu