Before you go crazy and start flaming me with "OMGZ GIbson is liek so much betters!!1" the intent of this thread isn't a versus thread.
My question is, due to the overhaul on Epiphone around 2006 or so, they're all pure mahogany guitars as opposed to some kinda wood mixture, right? Therefore, they're made of the same wood as Gibson guitars correct?
Is the difference simply the wood quality, Gibson guitars use better quality mahogany while Epiphone guitars use inferior quality mahogany?
Quote by drunkinkoala
you can be jesus.

Quote by Wesseem
most useless response i think i have ever seen on any forum ever.

Quote by Turkeyburger

Lolflag
no
not exactly, epiphone doesn't use as good of electronics/pickups too so
there is a difference.
and some epiphones have poor quality even with good wood
it just depends
Guitars:
'13 MIM Fender Strat - '05 Epi G-400
Amps:
Fender HRD - VHT Special 6 Ultra -
Jet City JCA20H - Mesa Rectifier 2x12
Pedulz:
Slash Wah - OCD v1.7 - Red Llama MKII -
Big Muff Pi - Carbon Copy - Phase 90 - Ditto Looper
Yeah, i figured the electronics and stuff, i was just asking bout the wood
Quote by drunkinkoala
you can be jesus.

Quote by Wesseem
most useless response i think i have ever seen on any forum ever.

Quote by Turkeyburger

Lolflag
I play through a really nice amp, and I honestly can't tell the difference between the two. You're just paying for better wood, hardware, and of course, name. I have an Epi leas paul custom, and I'm in love with it.
Check out my music:
Sideshow

"Swing your hips, not your fists"- Cedric Bixler Zavala
Typically Epiphone still uses alder-mahogany-alder sandwiches in most guitars (save for the Korina Flying V and Explorer. Also, the plain-top Standard is made of solid mahogany).
still i good QUALITY gibson at a GOOD PRICE(which is hard to find) i think can still beat a epi. even tho i really like epi firebird studio the play nice,soundnice, and look nice,and there a pretty good price.
There is also much more to building a guitar than the materials used. The craftsmanship and quality control in gibsons is better. The joints are tighter, the sustain better, electronics may be more properly shielded, frets tighter... the list goes on. Alot of it is that you get what you pay for, gibson has a reputation of high quality guitars with a little more price, gibson knows what they have to do to keep the reputation. . Epiphone has mid- low level guitars with a reputation of lower quality and right now they are trying to get a better reputation from past experiences.
Quote by thewho65
Typically Epiphone still uses alder-mahogany-alder sandwiches in most guitars (save for the Korina Flying V and Explorer. Also, the plain-top Standard is made of solid mahogany).

Now most of them are made from mahogany.
WHITE STRIPES

Quote by Placenta_07
I look at boobs and bums and stuff I get really horny and stuff.

PARTY OF SPECIAL THINGS TO DO
indeed this is true also to add epiphone has a tendancy to have a crappy set up form the factory i know when i got my first sg standard the neck was warped mind you that may have been from transport but i found that they were quite helpful with the replacement being gibsons little brother i would hope there quality control would be just as good i cant see why it wouldnt be considering you can still pay a decent price for an epiphone. i played one fir about two years and realized that it wasnt my type of guitar it was too thin i needed soething with a little more meat on its bones so i went to an ibanez arx 500 much better in my opinion