Page 1 of 2
Okay I just smoked weed for the first time, but I didn't even get high. Can someone please explain why?
Because most people don't. I'm no scientist, but this isn't out of the ordinary.
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
fail much?

but anyways you probably didnt inhale correctly. sometimes people dont get stoned the first time they smoke though. Mostly likely it was the first reason though if youve never smoked cigarettes.
1. The THC hadn't really been introduced to your body, I believe. At least, this is how my friends explained it to me.
2. How much did you smoke?
3. Did you actually inhale it and keep it in your lungs for a bit, or did you just inhale and spit it back out?
It happens often, but you should go to the drug thread next time
Quote by soulflyV
Prepare to have every orifice in your body occupied by a dwarf.
Okay, I smoked a joint and yes I inhaled it completely, sometimes holding it for over 5 seconds. I read a bunch of **** before I did it to make sure I did it right. And there was about a gram in the joint, which I shared with my friend.
Your lungs arent used to taking smoke.

Most non smokers ive talked to didnt get high unless they got smoked silly.

People that smoked cigarettes already seem to get high first try

Your next time youll get high. Its worth the coughing haha
Cause alot of people don't get high their first time, or second or even third. I know a buddy who got ripped his first time, so it's either that you don't inhale properly or it's just everybody is different. I smoke casually (every 2 months lol) and it took me like 3 tries.
One Love
Quote by FreeManson15
fail much?

but anyways you probably didnt inhale correctly. sometimes people dont get stoned the first time they smoke though. Mostly likely it was the first reason though if youve never smoked cigarettes.

I think he pulled a Bill Clinton.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
people usually don't get high the first time
go make a bowl out of a paper towel roll and some aluminum foil :]
Matt: it wouldnt really be a gainer since ur just going straight up
Me: i'm going over the spine
Matt: yea i know spine transfer
Me: frontflips > backflips
Matt: or in ur case it could be called broken spine transfer if you fall hard
Quote by PTfan
Okay I just smoked weed for the first time, but I didn't even get high. Can someone please explain why?

I am happy for you.

But please next time use the Drug Thread.

I would appreciate it.

(Though I don't feel like I could get mad even if I wanted to.)
P.L.U.R.

We'll choke on our vomit and that will be the end

We were fated to pretend
dont get fooled by oregano posing as pot.

noob you fail, THC is introduced into the body for the first time, therefore it has no effect on your body, because your brain's receptors do not read it as THC, pretty much you have to smoke it like 2 or three times before you feel the effect for the first time.
Quote by Billy Chapman
people usually don't get high the first time
go make a bowl out of a paper towel roll and some aluminum foil :]

Lol I was going to do that but I read that with the chemicals in the foil, u mine as well be smoking crack. It gives u early alzheimers or something
Quote by PTfan
Okay, I smoked a joint and yes I inhaled it completely, sometimes holding it for over 5 seconds. I read a bunch of **** before I did it to make sure I did it right. And there was about a gram in the joint, which I shared with my friend.

Well, joints are horribly innefficent methods of smoking, for starters. That and the fact that your body isn't used to the THC probably explains why.
Quote by PTfan

happens most times on the first time, u dont really know how to inhale it right, and for some reason ppl just dont get high, the 2nd or third time WHOA lookout, itll hit you

only do it if you truly want tho
Quote by PTfan

When did you smoke?

Just because you had it in your mouth doesn't mean you inhaled.

Next time you smoke do this:

Take a hit then take a breathe without letting the smoke out. Then exhale.

Quote by PTfan
Lol I was going to do that but I read that with the chemicals in the foil, u mine as well be smoking crack. It gives u early alzheimers or something

Not true.
P.L.U.R.

We were fated to pretend
Quote by nt1440
happens most times on the first time, u dont really know how to inhale it right, and for some reason ppl just dont get high, the 2nd or third time WHOA lookout, itll hit you

only do it if you truly want tho

Happened to me 3rd time. I was trippin' balls, didn't have any idea what to do, it sucked. After that, I started enjoying it, though.
Most people never get high their first time toking up. Your body doesn't really react to the THC. And you might not have been bringing it all the way to your lungs. Also, it could've been just a crappy rolling job or skanky weed.

Edit: Next time try using a bowl. For some people joints just don't cut it. And also don't think about getting high while you're smoking up, I find that if you just let your mind wander, you have a greater experience.
Peace.
Last edited by crazygluedmybut at Mar 25, 2008,
Quote by this&that
dont get fooled by oregano posing as pot.

noob you fail, THC is introduced into the body for the first time, therefore it has no effect on your body, because your brain's receptors do not read it as THC, pretty much you have to smoke it like 2 or three times before you feel the effect for the first time.

you don't have to smoke it two or three times before you actually get high, I got high the first time I smoked weed.
Quote by soulflyV
Prepare to have every orifice in your body occupied by a dwarf.
I got REALLLLYY high the first time I smoked.

But everyone is different.
P.L.U.R.

We were fated to pretend
i got high my first time, that was just chance that i've been around the stuff at concerts tons and tons of times... but your body just doesnt know thc yet and next couple times you smoke make sure to inhale, that is the point, and just relax, you do it right and your brain gets the cannabinoids recognition, you get the euphoria feeling...

i love the stuff, smoke as much as i can and still get good grades in school, just smoke smart
I smoked like 3 hours ago. And I had my mouth open while inhaling, held for 5 secs, let out and I saw all the smoke. If I didn't inhale it, it wouldn't have stayed in due to my mouth being open.
Quote by Koryr
Don't smoke weed.

Thanks for that. Now kindly refrain from posting anything else on this thread.
Quote by FreeManson15
fail much?

Bingo
Quote by Vornik
Because most people don't. I'm no scientist, but this isn't out of the ordinary.

true try agian tomorow and it should work like a charm
Turn on, Tune in, Drop out.

-Timothy Leary
Page 1 of 2