after playing for nine ish months??
Thats how long I've been playing, and I dont know many other guitarists, so i have no idea if im good for how long I've been playing or if I suck...
help me out pit
^^famous last words right there...
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

you guys do understand that saying **** like "good" or "****ty" is completely realitive and therefore useless, right?

Quote by bogg808

I was playing good, but not ****ty, so like ****tily good, but not so **** that I wasnt good
well jsut to say but most guitars sucks ass after a year of playing, because thats when thier just trying out stuff tto see what they like before they get all hard core. and practise 32hour a day
after about nine months, i knew all of my basic theory, i could solo pretty good. Also, i'm pretty sure this was about the time my riffs and original "things" actually sounded original. but that's just me
Gear
Epiphone Black Les Paul Standard with gold Grover tuners
Fender Mexican Electric Blue Stratocaster
Line 6 Spider Jam
Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble
Boss CS-1 Compression/Sustainer
Way to go spoon, you just earned the asshole of the day award

Quote by bogg808

u mean like right now? im doin awesome. like texas flood awesome. i luv guitar more than i love failing people.
You shouldn't compare your skill pace to other people, because everyone is different. As long as you're practicing effectively you'll make good progress.
Peace.
yea i guess...its my way of respecting ur sarcastic doucheyness

Quote by bogg808

my friends insisted i was good for a beginner.. i still to this day don't know if it was a compliment or an insult.
Quote by crazygluedmybut
You shouldn't compare your skill pace to other people, because everyone is different. As long as you're practicing effectively you'll make good progress.

+ a couple..... billion. I've been playing for 9 months and everyone i know that plays guitar says ive progressed at an "amazing" rate learning things like cliffs of dover, texas flood, and other things. (Before saying "bull****" you must realize that for 9 months i have done NOTHING but play guitar either by myself or with local bands. Absolutely nothing.)
I would have still considered myself a beginner at that time. I continued gradually progressing until after my second year or so when I had a sudden rapid increase in ability mostly due to just playing more often.
I can play a lot of stuff on sight, after about a year, but I honestly only know like 2 full songs. I get bored extremely easy and have a huge stack of tabs I just like to pick little pieces out of, and play the fun parts. I get distracted way too easily.
All your base are belong to us.