Page 1 of 2
i don't think i know a single person who likes where they are. i guess it goes with the whole "grass is always greener" notion. people are quick to blame their location, but i don't think it really matters where you are. if you're unhappy in one place you'll be unhappy in another, so you might as well grab hold of the people you like.

but, please, discredit me.
i agree with that, it's just an excuse for people who are discontent with how their lives are playing out. it'd be the same no matter where they are, i feel that way a lot but there are a lot of people around who i like, life is just repetitive around here.
My Gear:
Epi standard les paul
Taylor 110 acoustic
Fender blues junior amp
Fulltone OCD
to be quite honest, I was quite content and happy in my small home town, I am only in the city for college, then I'm going somewhere quieter, and back in British Columbia
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
Rural Minnesota. Exciting as hell (Not really). But I like it.
All your base are belong to us.
Well, I like living in Shrewsbury, but when people ask me what it's like, I'm stuck for what to tell them. It's all become so common to me, that I don't think of anything as being particularly stand-out, whilst they might be really impressed with some parts of it.

I've only been living in Aberystwyth since September last year, so I haven't really gotten used to living there yet. There's nothing there to blow you away, but it's quiet.

I'd probably be fine wherever I lived, as long as it wasn't a big city.
I'm actually happy where I live, I wouldn't mind moving to another part of the city though.
I live in a small town in Canada, it's pretty stress free. I don't mind it, though I do dislike winter here.
www.youtube.com/jordan123x
I've moved a lot, and ended up liking the place in the end.

I still say Jersey is a ****hole.

Bah.
--"Hey, don't worry; don't be afraid, ever, because this is just a ride."--
The main thing I don't like are the winters here... besides that, eh I'm content.
mmmk.
South Florida...sucks. Too hot all year round and crime is so high. As soon as I'm in college, I'm out of here and never coming back.
...shun the nonbeliever...
Quote by Minkaro
Well, I like living in Shrewsbury, but when people ask me what it's like, I'm stuck for what to tell them. It's all become so common to me, that I don't think of anything as being particularly stand-out, whilst they might be really impressed with some parts of it.

I've only been living in Aberystwyth since September last year, so I haven't really gotten used to living there yet. There's nothing there to blow you away, but it's quiet.

I'd probably be fine wherever I lived, as long as it wasn't a big city.

maybe it's instinctual. we have to migrate every so often. humans ARE pretty nomadic by nature, i guess.
i like living where i am its a small city (120,000) which is perfect everything is close and its fun here. Id hate to hate to live in a big city in NZ or like somewhere huge in the US like LA i went there it was gay how everything was so far away.
Im gunna hav to move somewhere a bit bigger eventually to get my music out there
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
I'm gonna have to disagree with what ryan and the TC said. I hate where I live. Bronx, new york.. it sucks. Usually I spend most of the summer's upstate away from here, and I love it there. It's almost as if im a new person.. I connect a lot more with people there and have made some awesome friends.

Though here everyone = loud mouth uneducated idiots who i can't stand. The place is a dump, everyone blasts that soulja boy crap, the people are jerks, etc. And everyone thinks im a freak for skating and playing guitar -_-.... I dont get alogn with that many people here except friends here ive known for a while and some people from my school. So I'm going to go ahead and blame the location, I love being away from here.
this place is beautifull (venezuela in general) but politics and crime/murder rates make me wanna move to the other side of the world... literally

this used to be such a nice place before the actual goverment
Do I like where I live?

No. It's pathetic. It's a cultureless collection of building off of a highway, where 80% of the "city" is on medication, don't care about each other, and constantly move in and out.

Am I happy, though? Yes.
Who dat?
I love where I live. No people and very relaxing.
■■■
'member The Pit of 10'? oH, I 'member!

╚═ ▼▲▼▲▼═╝
I guess I'm alright with where I live. There's always better but I am pretty grateful for what I have.
WATCH THIS

Quote by GabeT347
does anybody have a sitar?
Quote by highway62
you have to buy them from george harrison. He owns all of them
My city is a cultural melting pot, that may be okay to stop people but it isn't to me.
''Technological advancements are like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal.'' - Albert Einstein
I dont think people are necassarily thinking that everything will be great somewhere else, but it does open the door to new oppurtunities (sp?). I live in the suburbs and I know I should be happy with it, but its really boring here... I miss living in the country
This thread is a slap to the face...Today I got kicked out of my house.
[Sig goes here]
supafly i can see what you mean, i come from a very diverse town and there's a lot of different groups of people so i've been able to find people i connect with, my high school is pretty big it graduates like 800 a year or something and theres a few "gangstas" but there's a lot of cool people who aren't as fake.

maybe you should move? haha but make the best of where you are at least you've got those few close friends
My Gear:
Epi standard les paul
Taylor 110 acoustic
Fender blues junior amp
Fulltone OCD
Quote by carlsbad
This thread is a slap to the face...Today I got kicked out of my house.

I'd show sympathy but..it's not good to lie. Sucks to be you.
''Technological advancements are like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal.'' - Albert Einstein

I live here
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
Quote by ryanh09
supafly i can see what you mean, i come from a very diverse town and there's a lot of different groups of people so i've been able to find people i connect with, my high school is pretty big it graduates like 800 a year or something and theres a few "gangstas" but there's a lot of cool people who aren't as fake.

maybe you should move? haha but make the best of where you are at least you've got those few close friends

You're right. My high school is a private catholic school so the people here are actually decent and there are a few skaters and guitarist (only 600 kids though, and all boys -_-).

I got involved in my church over the past few months.. so i meet a coupel of new interesting people here and there, lets see where that takes me. But bleh... 98% of the people are just ghetto douches ._.

Oh well though, I'll be able to drive next year.. and in 2 years im off to university
small town here, like my life, but deffinatly looking forward to a college city life soon
Quote by goldmember1217
Yes. How could you not love living here?

where abouts in Canada are you

I can literally just google my home town and see people I know

I just found this on google
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

I moved to Nebraska a few years ago and I hate it, the people here are whitebred as hell and they worship 311 and Slipnot. They worship 311 cuz they are from Omaha and Slipnot because they are from Iowa (go figure). It's fine that they like those bands but it's retarded when they try and force it down your throat that you have to like them for the above reasons.
Yeah I really like where I live. Even though their is a bad crime problem here, the music scene is actually pretty decent.
Quote by goldmember1217
A stone's throw from Halifax.

I thought so,

it's a different shade of green on that end of the country, literally

B.C. is the ****, so is the east, I'd love to head there some time
Last.Fm

― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Quote by Carswell98
I thought so,

it's a different shade of green on that end of the country, literally

B.C. is the ****, so is the east, I'd love to head there some time

True.
I'm not unhappy about where I live now but I'm not happy. It's too big, too crowded, most people are assholes, it's just not that friendly of a place. I've always just wanted to live in a cottage in the mountains and get away from it all but that will probably never happen. So I guess I'll make due with what I have.
Quote by soulflyV
Prepare to have every orifice in your body occupied by a dwarf.
Quote by scottydosntkno8
South Florida...sucks. Too hot all year round and crime is so high. As soon as I'm in college, I'm out of here and never coming back.

+1
I guess it alright.

Sucks that's theres nothing to do here though...
LARGE TEXT
Page 1 of 2