they are two completely seperate things, and some people have different tolerances for both

weed FTW!
Potency of a drug implies the amount that needs to be taken to have a psychoactive effect. For cannabis, it would be the amount of THC content required while for alcohol I suppose it would be the amount of alcohol itself.
how many times does the pit talk about this??
i swear every hour theres another "hows pot" or "hows drinking" thread
Gear

Gibson Les Paul Standard
Fender American Strat
Taylor 214ce
Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier (about to be Voodoo Modded)
Keeley TS-808
Boss GT-10 Processor
Boss RC-20xl
Man on the weekend alcohol and weed had an arm wrestle and weed kicked his ass!

...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA..

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Are you retarded? They are completely different chemicals. They can't be compared like that.
you need less weed than alcohol to get messed up, however in terms of body damage alcohol beats out damn near everything else used for recreational purposes.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
I prefer alcohol over weed by a mile, but that's not to say I've had some terrible experiences with booze. I got bored of weed after awhile, and the euphoria wasn't nearly as intense as booze, but everyones got their own opinion.
A soul in tension that's learning to fly
Condition grounded but determined to try
Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies
Tongue tied and twisted, just an earthbound misfit, I

The Sky Is The Limit
Well, alcohol is stronger on the bench press, but weed does really well on the leg press.
<Han> I love Hitler
Quote by djjiles
Are you retarded? They are completely different chemicals. They can't be compared like that.

Yes they can... the potency of a drug is how much of it will make you experience the effects. A VERY small amount of LSD will make you experience its effects when compared with the amount of THC required to make you feel ITS effects; thus, LSD has a higher potency.

Simple as that.
My God, it's full of stars!
Weed lost his virginity before his dad did.
But alcohols tears cure cancer, but alcohol never cries.

we could go on.
Alcohol does not make you paranoid, therefore it wins.
''Technological advancements are like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal.'' - Albert Einstein
Quote by rickyy

No it just makes you really really stupid, at least weed doesn't mess with your inhibitions.

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
No it just really really stupid, at least weed doesn't mess with your inhibitions.

Good one.

oh, wait....you're serious?
<Han> I love Hitler
Quote by rickyy

It does far worse in terms of negative side effects, easily. Besides, you don't always get paranoid when you toke unless if you're the kind of idiot who tokes in obvious public places.
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
No it just makes you really really stupid, at least weed doesn't mess with your inhibitions.

I believe you're the one that is really really stupid. Weed is not referred to as ''dope'' for nothing. Of course it messed with your inhibitions.
''Technological advancements are like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal.'' - Albert Einstein
Quote by HaKattack

Good one.

oh, wait....you're serious?

Yeah, the only thing that makes me act nearly as idiotic as a do on alcohol is ambien, which I don't do anymore.

Quote by rickyy
I believe you're the one that is really really stupid. Weed is not referred to as ''dope'' for nothing. Of course it messed with your inhibitions.

even if it does it's not nearly as bad as alcohol in terms of that, most people who are on weed don't get into random fights at bars and beat people up, nor are they as likely to have sex with random strangers and things like that, unless they are already into that sort of thing.

Last.fm
Last edited by Kid_Thorazine at Mar 25, 2008,
Quote by Kid_Thorazine

Yeah it does...
A soul in tension that's learning to fly
Condition grounded but determined to try
Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies
Tongue tied and twisted, just an earthbound misfit, I

The Sky Is The Limit
Well if you're talking about smoking weed versus drinking a beer or wine, weed wins. If you smoked a full ounce and compared that to drinking an ounce of beer or wine.....
Maybe my analogy is messed up but that's how I see it.

However, if you compare straight alcohol to thc that would be totally different.
WATCH THIS

Quote by GabeT347
does anybody have a sitar?
Quote by highway62
you have to buy them from george harrison. He owns all of them