I was wondering if you think this is a good idea.

I am the only guitarist in my band, and I need a full/rich/fat tone for gigs and recording. So I was wondering if you think this could work=

Guitar > Line 6 Pod X3 L> Carvin Legacy (combo) input
R> Mesa Boogie Lonestar (combo) Input

I was wondering if that would be the best use of my equipment.
I am worried that the pod x3 will drain the tone out of it. Is there a better way to use a amp switcher? is there a better/cheaper amp switcher?

is there a way I can use my THD hot plate Attenuator for both amps??

Is there a better way of making this work with the effects loop? (btw, with what im talking about right NOW, i would technically only be using the pod x3 as an amp switcher.
------------
OhMyGosh123
Check out the Radial Big Shot A/B/Y. It would work way better then using your pod and its only like $70. It's passive and has ground lift, and phase reverse. Plus that way you could use both or either rather then just both.
I don't think theres a way to use the hotplate with both amps however. not completely sure of that though.
Quote by Kino22x
Check out the Radial Big Shot A/B/Y. It would work way better then using your pod and its only like $70. It's passive and has ground lift, and phase reverse. Plus that way you could use both or either rather then just both.
I don't think theres a way to use the hotplate with both amps however. not completely sure of that though.

Thanks for the info!

but what does : "It's passive and has ground lift, and phase reverse" mean?

Sorry, I'm a gear n00b
------------
OhMyGosh123
Its passive being that it takes no power to operates, its just switches and other non powered components. I like it cause that way theres no hassle with batteries or adapters.
The ground lift removes the ground from output B and is useful if you have hum from the amp connected to the output when you run both together. It also has an isolation circuit which isolates the second circuit from the first, and is helpful in removing hum, which can be a big problem among cheap amp switchers.
The phase swap changes the phase of the signal of output B. This allows you to make amps in phase that are normally out of phase when played together, that is one amp's speaker is moving in while the other amp's is moving out. So when they are in phase the speakers move in the same direction and it a fuller tone.
Quote by Kino22x
Its passive being that it takes no power to operates, its just switches and other non powered components. I like it cause that way theres no hassle with batteries or adapters.
The ground lift removes the ground from output B and is useful if you have hum from the amp connected to the output when you run both together. It also has an isolation circuit which isolates the second circuit from the first, and is helpful in removing hum, which can be a big problem among cheap amp switchers.
The phase swap changes the phase of the signal of output B. This allows you to make amps in phase that are normally out of phase when played together, that is one amp's speaker is moving in while the other amp's is moving out. So when they are in phase the speakers move in the same direction and it a fuller tone.

Wow thank you!
That sounds sick.
------------
OhMyGosh123