Page 1 of 2
Noone will ever be able to understand how much i hate the censorship of music. Lyrics, or anything. (despite not liking this song) "Lets get 'It Started'" instead of "Lets get retarded".

This is what set me off though... Looking on youtube watching music videos of Tom Petty when i run across this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ceg2wPUGDI&feature=related

Instead of saying "Joint" (which is apparently too controversial to be said) they edit it to make him say it backwards. What the hell is this about?

I think radios should have censor-free waves so we can listen to what we want, how we want it. Yea, i know some of those paying radios (Sirious, XM, etc) have unedited stuff, but i'm talking about just regular airwaves....

Agree?
definitely agree.
fob12 probably listens to fallout boy, or is tongan.
hes a ****ing twat
censoring songs on the radio and tv I'm for because most parents don't want to turn on the radio and have some song repeatedly drop the f-bomb when their 5 year old kid is sitting in the back listening to this, but I am for this to an extent because I am for censoring swear words for the above reasons but stupid stuff like joint or sh*t like that is getting a bit carried away, that's why I can't stand MTV. I saw MCR's video for Teenagers and I understood why they bleeped out sh*t in the song but they bleeped out stupid stuff like: "your shirt", "pay", "murder" it's just retarded and ignorant bleeping stupid things like that out
Quote by fob12
Oh... so you've never heard of an Mp3 player?

Yea... I have one... But i listen to my radio in my car.. And i hate hearing peoples work censored

(i consider music art, and with that, it should not be censored)
Quote by jinkymann
definitely agree.
hes a ****ing twat

What's your problem?...
Who dat?
Quote by chinkboy7
censoring songs on the radio and tv I'm for because most parents don't want to turn on the radio and have some song repeatedly drop the f-bomb when their 5 year old kid is sitting in the back listening to this, but I am for this to an extent because I am for censoring swear words for the above reasons but stupid stuff like joint or sh*t like that is getting a bit carried away, that's why I can't stand MTV. I saw MCR's video for Teenagers and I understood why they bleeped out sh*t in the song but they bleeped out stupid stuff like: "your shirt", "pay", "murder" it's just retarded and ignorant bleeping stupid things like that out

Yea.. I can't stand MTV because of stuff like that.. Like the song .45 by shinedown..

When it would say I'm staring down the barrel of a .45
MTV would say "I'm starin down the ______ of a ____"

it pissed me off
Quote by jinkymann
definitely agree.
hes a ****ing twat

Consider yourself reported.

Twat.
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
Quote by MedicreDemon
Consider yourself reported.

Twat.

Please, lets stay on topic.. I don't want this to turn into a sh*t fight
Quote by jinkymann
definitely agree.
hes a ****ing twat

That was uncalled for...

I love it when the station censors like half of the chorus
Last edited by hug a llama at Mar 25, 2008,
The government should have strict censers on what is being propagated to young minds. We do not need an entire generation of Eminem and 50 cent wannabes.
''Technological advancements are like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal.'' - Albert Einstein
Quote by chinkboy7

Plus, on radio stations (like on XM) they just give a disclaimer for uncensored content.. Enough so that a parent should know its not good for their children to listen to if they don't want them to
They do that because many people don't want their 5 and 6 year olds coming up to them and asking "whats a joint" or "what does soldier boy mean". To the mass public, I think that censorship is necessary.
Quote by Don't Read This
letthebassplay you are now a legend

Quote by StraightxXxEdge
Awesome is a feeling. It's in your pants.

RIP Bellamy...

Calvin and Hobbes Group!
I've heard the term "God Damn" censored on the Radio, I though that was a bit ridiculous.
Quote by soulflyV
Prepare to have every orifice in your body occupied by a dwarf.
Quote by chinkboy7

Yeah but I think violence is more damaging than Fu ck is.

Then again I don't think either are so people can decide for themselves.
Quote by rickyy
The government should have strict censers on what is being propagated to young minds. We do not need an entire generation of Eminem and 50 cent wannabes.

But if thats what they want to do, thats fine! It self expression. It would be like someone on a rapping forum saying "We don't need an entire generation of Van Halen and Steve Vai wannabes" Its a way to express ourselves, however it should be! Thats why i love music! You can express how you want to and its perfectly fine!
Quote by Garret.
I've heard the term "God Damn" censored on the Radio, I though that was a bit ridiculous.

Really? I think editing swear words and such is understandable.
Who dat?
Quote by rickyy

Why not?
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
Censorship in music is far worse than censoring in other things because music is really the expression of the soul...it should be heard how it is intended.
where's Frank when you need him?

oh... right
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
Quote by Radio Addict
Censorship in music is far worse than censoring in other things because music is really the expression of the soul...it should be heard how it is intended.

Exactly what i'm saying! I understand if there are stations that have censored music, but there should also be stations with uncensored music, so we can hear it how its intended to be
Government needs to censor everything..
''Technological advancements are like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal.'' - Albert Einstein
Seriously though, it's not a big of a deal as you're making it out to be. If you really want it to change, start your own radio station.
Quote by Garret.

well people (well mostly christians) actually get offended when they take the lord's name in vein even though personally i don't give a damn about it

Quote by gimmini2003
Exactly what i'm saying! I understand if there are stations that have censored music, but there should also be stations with uncensored music, so we can hear it how its intended to be

one of the reasons why I buy the CD is because I know it's uncensored (or just "steal" it off the internet, that's one of the reasons why they have CD's is because you can hear how the song is intended to be, the radio is just advertisement for people to buy their CD and if it gets blurred and edited on the radio alot it makes the people think "hmm I really like that song and I wanna know what it actually sounds like without being edited so mebe I should buy the CD" well not really but some people actually think that way.
I'm certainly categorically against censorship. At the same time, if artists can't find a better way to "express themselves" than through superfluous profanity and sex and drug references, they're as much to blame. Mind you, I'm talking more about popular rap and shock metal and other shock stuff than some relatively innocent stuff by Tom Petty.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
Quote by Beakwithteeth
True dat! Viva la facism!

The funny thing is..I support facism..
it shouldn't have to be the job of mtv or the radio stations or whoever to censor anything. it is all because narrow minded people would rather have the fcc relegate what their family watch and hear so that their lazy ass doesn't have to. if people would teach their children and educate them instead of sheltering them from anything "bad", we would have a much more open minded society by in large, and be better off for it. six is probably too young of an age to be listening to music with profanity, but shouldn't that be the parent or guardians job instead wal-mart censoring my damn cd's
Quote by rickyy
The funny thing is..I support facism..

yes, it really has proven itself hasn't it

moron

what are you, too lazy to vote?
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Quote by Carswell98
yes, it really has proven itself hasn't it

moron

what are you, too lazy to vote?

What a baseless accusation. I went to vote in the provincial election in Oct. It was my soonest possible chance.
Censoring music is censoring an idea, thusly epic fail.
Guitarsenal:
Genz Benz El Diablo 60
Avatar cab with Man O War, Black Powder speakers
Schecter 20th Aniv. Stealth #07 out of 100
Quote by stubs_88
it shouldn't have to be the job of mtv or the radio stations or whoever to censor anything. it is all because narrow minded people would rather have the fcc relegate what their family watch and hear so that their lazy ass doesn't have to. if people would teach their children and educate them instead of sheltering them from anything "bad", we would have a much more open minded society by in large, and be better off for it. six is probably too young of an age to be listening to music with profanity, but shouldn't that be the parent or guardians job instead wal-mart censoring my damn cd's

that's why I love that T shirt I saw I think it said "The V Chip helping parents avoid responsibility since 1986" or something like that
Quote by rickyy
What a baseless accusation. I went to vote in the provincial election in Oct. It was my soonest possible chance.

i didn't accuse you at anything, I asked a question

seriously, you were being sarcastic right?
Last.Fm

― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Quote by jinkymann
definitely agree.
hes a ****ing twat

wtf is wrong with fall out boy?

"and you check these labels more than the fcc, these calories are, are killing me"

it's public, you have to censor it
Show me the fever into the the fire, taking it higher and higher.
Quote by Carswell98

No, I was not being sarcastic. You must accept my political ideology, a fundamental flaw of democracy
It's not avaliable in my country... what's it about?

EDIT:
Quote by Carswell98

hopefully...

And Other Canadians can view the video, but i can't?

EDIT2: Oh, you don't know how it feels... funny thing is tom petty is strongly opposed to censorship.
sup?
Last edited by ldl67 at Mar 25, 2008,
Page 1 of 2