Just received the book from the Military Bookclub. I must say, the book is excellent.

The author and photographer, Kyle Cassidy, traveled across the state to take a portrait of a gun/and his his family, and ask them one question:
"Why do you own a gun?"
There is not a political message pushed by the author what so ever, just that one question, and their answer.

The portraits are excellent, portraying a wide scope of different people, who own an amazing variety of firearms. Anything from your grand pappies .22 bolt action, to machine guns. Elderly people, young people, families, anyone and everyone owning anything from .22's to machine guns. Very interesting.

A must read for anyone (pro and anti) who feels they have an "idea" of what the average gun owner looks like. Anyone who wants to hold an anti-gun position should (among other things, learn about guns, and maybe even read the gun laws!) read the book.

Armed America @ Amazon.com
Armed America the Official Site
Audio Tour
Audio Tour
first
Fender American Special Telecaster
Blackstar HT-5
Wren and Cuff Tall Font Russian
BBE Sonic Stomp
Mojo Hand FX Recoil Delay
Empress ParaEQ
he probably doesn't, or he's just a smart ass, bout a 50/50 chance IMO...anyway TS, sounds like a pretty interesting book honestly...definitely sounds like it would be a good one for alot of people to read...not gonna point any fingers at any specifc groups with a very stubborn standpoint on a related topic, but it sounds like they should read it...
Member of UG's gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join.
Quote by Doobergn
You do know that is against the rules right.

no and now i have a warning
Fender American Special Telecaster
Blackstar HT-5
Wren and Cuff Tall Font Russian
BBE Sonic Stomp
Mojo Hand FX Recoil Delay
Empress ParaEQ
so i ordered a copy from Amazon.

ill try to remember to come back and post my thoughts once i get it.
I have nearly 30, and still want more.

Should have another within a week or two, a Type 99 Arisaka. A WWII Japanese rifle.
I'll be ordering another 1891/30 Mosin Nagant (WWII Soviet rifle) and a M24/47 Mauser (WWII Yugoslavian rifle) sometime next month. Hopefully doing the first half.

I think I'll have 28. Maybe 29. I lost count.

In May I'll spend my tax rebate (should be around $300 or more) on a WWII German Mauser, all markings intact., for about $260.

Quote by daytripper75
so i ordered a copy from Amazon.

ill try to remember to come back and post my thoughts once i get it.

Its an excellent book.