Ok guys I've been playing for quite a while now... I still havent gotten palm muting down. Exactly were should I mute and how much pick should I use?
welll hmm... this may be wrong cause i teach myself.. at first i used my fretting hand.. but thats muting.. not palm muting.. lol.. but when i pick.. right after i pick i bring my palm.. more like.. towards my wrist.. down on the strings.... thats what my friend told me to do... so i do that lol
Sit your palm on the strings right in front of the bridge. Try moving it around and experimenting with pressure to get the exact bits right.
El Gearo:

Fender '69 Reissue Mustang
Fender American Standard P-Bass

Fender Blues Junior
1)Get downpicks down perfectly!

2)I use the side of my hand from where the pinky "meets" the hand/palm to the round bone before my wrist. Just gently resting on it. Dont apply any force to it! Doesnt have to be at a 90 degree angle from the strings. You place it right where the strings start to hang from the bridge.

3)Watch which strings to pick. If you're playing power chords, most of the times the first 2 or 3 strings are downpicked.

4)distortion helps.

idk... youtube it. Good luck
Well, if youre looking for a more loose sounding PM, then I would place your hand right in front of the bridge. If you're looking for a more tight PM, then just move your hand closer towards the bridge pickup or even further than that, it all depends.

I use the very bottom of my hand ( the skin/flab on the left side if youre hand is facing you, and assuming you're right-handed ), but if I'm just muting the low E string, I will bring my entire hand off the strings except for just a little bit of my hand, it would be at an angle as well because when I'm muting just the 6th string, I"m usually playing fast and am needing the other strings to still be open.

As far as how much of youre pick you should use........it all depends on what feels best to you, there is no "right" way to do it. Typically, I use the same amount as I do when strumming. When I am doing fast, PMed riffs, I need that extra amount of pick so my fingers do not hit the strings and I can straight to strumming without having to change anything on my hand.
Got a question about Baritone guitars? Feel free to PM me.

Thanks to UG, I converted from Metalcore to some "real" Metal.
Thanks for the help guys, I practiced it a bit today. I'll get it down with a bit more work.
Quote by darktrooper12
Thanks for the help guys, I practiced it a bit today. I'll get it down with a bit more work.

Don't get intimidated by it, it will take practice as does everything in life .
Got a question about Baritone guitars? Feel free to PM me.

Thanks to UG, I converted from Metalcore to some "real" Metal.