so a while back a got a toneport gx and imo gearbox sucks. So what i was wondering is if I buy things like amplitube or protools can I still use my toneport with it?
Guitars
Godin Velocity w/ Schaller locking tuners
Ibanez RG7321 w/ Dimarzio Crunchlab & Liquifire
Seagull Coastline S6 Burst GT QI
Random Ibanez Bass

Gear
Blackstar HT-5 Head
Peavey Valveking 112
Last edited by stevo_92 at Mar 26, 2008,
i have a toneport and amplitube and ive been having a lot of trouble with it. Although amplitube sounds 10x better than gearbox, if i set the buffer or sample rate too low, it sounds like choppy ass, but much higher and there are problems with latency. Maybe its just my computer, but i cant seem to get it to work out right.
Quote by stevo_92
so a while back a got a toneport gx and imo gearbox sucks. So what i was wondering is if I buy things like amplitube or protools can I still use my toneport with it?

use can use amplitube but protools isnt needed here and does require high end hardware to work.

I agree, the GB software isnt anywhere as great as anyone said in the review...
Im running Amplitube 2 right now and its good. you can try the demo out on your computer by downloading it from the site.

Quote by Marrklarr
i have a toneport and amplitube and ive been having a lot of trouble with it. Although amplitube sounds 10x better than gearbox, if i set the buffer or sample rate too low, it sounds like choppy ass, but much higher and there are problems with latency. Maybe its just my computer, but i cant seem to get it to work out right.

Works fine for me.
Are you running a slowish computer or laptop?

The toneport interfaces (not including the UX8) are all 1.1 USB connection meaning you will really notice some latency...
I run Amplitube 2 on my laptop AND desktop with no noticeable latency at all, using an M-Audio Fast Track Pro.

Laptop = Dell Latitude D620, Intel Core 2 Duo (2x 1.86Ghx), 2Gb RAM
Desktop = Home Brew Athlon XP2500+, 2Gb RAM

I did have to play with the buffer settings on my desktop to get it sounding right, but you should be able to make it work. At this point though USB 1.1 shouldn't be slowing you down.
Irrelevant quote from obscure person
Obnoxious statement regarding size of e-ween
Italicized text indicating bandwagoning masquerading as deep thought
ASCII graphic that will take over the world if you put one in your signature
Made up statistic