I want to get serious with guitar but I never know what to practice or anything. I can plays bits and pieces of a bunch of different songs but it gets boring practicing the same riffs over and over again. I've looked into scales and stuff for a while but I just can't understand them.

I know all of the notes for the minor pentatonic scale but I don't understand how to use it. Like, do I just add notes in between or what? It is really confusing and whenever I go on sites it doesn't seem like they explain this. I have like 14 hours everyday so If I have scales to practice or something I definitely have the time for it.
well... try this site...? thats what i use for most my **** i learn.. ive only been playing for a year and a half and i still barely know ****.. there's tons to learn.. and no real place to start.. i started with power chords.. barre chords... etc....
^ Ditto. plus there are a lotta good video lessons on youtube
Why you reading this?
Quote by 742627000017
I use my thumb and my johnson

Quote by deanexplosion99
idk what the keys are for but the reason i think its for the floyd rose is because its called floyd rose double locking

Quote by niggafolife
i iz hurr tuh spek da troof abowt muzik
Since you have the time you should invest in lessons for atleast a month so you have someone who could explain the basics of theory to you at the very least. When I had my old electric I took lessons and had a basic understanding to learn theory, I only took lessons for about 2 months.
Yamaha Acoustic.
$597/$665.00 <-Tele/VJ Fund. Thank you tax money.
nope, but your chances of being famous are slim without theory coz ur writing wont be as good

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
To be honest though you kind of pick up theory as you go along. I've never sat a lesson in my life and never intended to learn theory, it just snuck up and grabbed me from time to time when I learnt about what happened when I did certain things.

Oh, and

Quote by metallicafan616
nope, but your chances of being famous are slim without theory coz ur writing wont be as good

Famous =/= good.
Quote by metallicafan616

That's absolutely untrue.

James Hetfield is one of the best rhythm players around, and doesn't know hardly any theory.

Not to mention the already stated fact that being famous doesn't even mean you're necessarily good.

And knowing some theory is definitely a byproduct of becoming more skilled anyway.