This guy is selling an ESP M53 guitar for 90 bucks on craigslist, I've looked at the specs on ESP's website, but does anyone know anything about this guitar? i.e., prone to malfunctions, how the pickups are, neck feels, trem system stuff, anyway, anything.

I already have two guitars, however, I've been looking for a guitar to use for metal, as I have a 335 model, and a strat, and I think this may be it, at a bargain price?
If Rock is a lifestyle, then Metal's an addiction

"People don't kill people with giant boulders"
"They will if you take away their assault rifles"

Quote by Gee-tar-eist
I wouldnt give a ****, i would gladly play music for people to steal it!
music123.com says $189 or something.

not particularly high-end
|~| Iron Maiden addiction |~|
\m/ \m/

gear in profile
yeah I know that, but I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with them. I don't play metal a whole lot, but when I do I can never get the tone I'm looking for, I think this may help just a tiny tiny bit, plus I'll have a throwaround that, I assume, will actually sound alright.

Quote by Gee-tar-eist
*bump

anything on the M-series would be helpful, hell, anything on ESP's, cause I'm not familiar at all

Quote by Gee-tar-eist
From personal experience and what i've heard no ESP is worth it if the model number is below 400 (yours is 53). Crap wood (probably aghatis) tuning instability, crap pickups, crap feel.

Theres quite a big chance that this isnt worth it.
I did say that this guitar would kinda be a beater, but what is your experience with ESPs? just curious

Quote by Gee-tar-eist
ok. here's the deal, I just bought that guitar today, and well, here's the deal

It's light, very light, so I can tell it's not fantastic wood that the body is made from (basswood?)

The brige pickup, the "esp humbucker" is very cool. it's pretty much exactly the sound I was going for, and it roars through my Classic 30, pushing the overdrive channel way more than i've ever heard with my other guitars.

The neck, well the frets are huge, and their not tapered along the outside either, kidna uncomfortable, but not very. I'm talking the height of the bars by the way,They're tall, but the actual fret spacing is nothing impressive, considering it says XL on the website, it's about the same as my MIM strat.

Bottom line: this guitar was not set up at all by it's previous owner, so with 15 min of work in semi-intonating, and getting the trem un-****ed up, it's staying in tune quite well now. not as good as my other guitars, but at least through a couple songs. for 90 bucks, it's a deal. I wouldn't pay that much over for it i guess, but I'm happy with what I got.

If anyone reads this, congratulations to me, I just wrote my first gear review
p.s. I love the dancing smiley.

Quote by Gee-tar-eist