If you already know about it...then dont say anything.

I'm only posting this because I wished that someone had told me about it, when one day I hit F9 by accident, and was like wtf...why had I never seen this. I mentioned it in another thread, and 2-3 people said they had never heard of it, so i figured id let you ALL know

I find it super useful...and I hope you do too.

Press F9 when youre in guitar pro.

its a speed trainer that allows you to loop sections of a song (when highlighted) or the whole thing at a certain tempo, and increase the tempo each time the section or song loops. Can also do a simple repeat loop on the same tempo.

good luck
Jackson KV2 USA Snow White/Black Bevels
Knew this but just in hope that I mightn't have to make a thread, do you know how to do crescendos on guitar pro? I can't find anything.
Quote by Regression
Knew this but just in hope that I mightn't have to make a thread, do you know how to do crescendos on guitar pro? I can't find anything.

volume swell?
TheBurningFish wrote:
I don't mean to generalise but I don't believe the average Coldplay fan is a massive musical theory nut.

FS/FT: Cort SP1 Stratocaster
Zoom GFX5 fx processor
Washburn BD40 amp
$100 each OBO
Quote by metalist86435
i always knew about this. theres also an icon you can click

And this is why he mentioned it's only interesting if you didn't know about this.

It's a brilliant feature, but I find that GP sometimes lags a bit, especially when it repeats a highlighted section. Is this me, or do other people feel the same way?

Anyway, I like to use the Amazing Metronome from AMW for my speed-needs.

Edit for the bad link. And I can't find the right one, either. Search amazing metronome on Google, you should be able to find it.
Last edited by Y00p at Mar 26, 2008,
yah it sometimes does lag, but not consistently enough to really frustrate me hehe, and I get frustrated easily when things dont work

Again...posted it to help anyone that didnt know about it, I know it isnt a big secret ahha, but I happend to not know about it for a while when I started guitar, and I wish I had.
On a side note, I think I should point out...

The 'speed trainer' is awesome if you're warming up to a speed that you're normally comfortably playing. However, if you use it to, indeed, train your speed on itself (read: keeping to push the envelope by going up 5 bpm at a time), then it's probably one of the worst things you can do to your technique.

Getting faster is a by-product of training accuracy (practicing slowly and perfectly), whereas accuracy is a waste product when you're just trying to play as fast as you can.

i beg to differ...tbh i see a lot of relations between weight lifting and speed on guitar.

you need to push the envelope a little bit at a time as you feel comfortable doing so. you arent going to make as much progress (i didnt say you wouldnt make any) if you dont increase you speed a little bit at a time.

the speed trainer lets you increase the tempo by very small percentages, letting you go up in speed while still keeping time and accuracy.

I am by no means suggesting you put a warp speed song on 75% and try to just muscle through it...but you can put that song on 30% and slowly but surely work your way up to tempo.

half the battle is muscle memory and pattern memorization for god sake...it isnt tough to pla y something fast once your fingers have memorized what they need to do.