Hello.. Im new to the site.. as well as the forum.. well actually I've been here since I started playing.. just never took the time to register.. anyways.. Hello.. I've been playing for about.. 3 months now... my Ibanez seems to be getting well... everythings going to hell on it.. the Bridge even the slightist Push makes it pull the strings outta tune the Input Jack has a Lose Screw, the Volume and Tone Knobs feel a bite flimsy as well.. the Pickups are quite muddy all in all its just gone to hell.. my Amp is a Line 6 Spider III.. yeahyeah I know everyone has one.. the tone it puts out is a bit substandard so Im going to go ahead and get some new Gear.. I'd give myself a budget of.. Oh.. say.. 500-600 dollars.. for both the Amp and Guitar.. I was thinking.. after reading up on the forum.. a Epiphone G-400 and a Roland Cube 30X, the reason I want the Epi is I tried it out at Guitar Center and Have to Say.. it was quite awesome to play.. and the tone was great.. my Turnoff for it is the Lack of Tremolo and lack of 24 Frets.. though I doubt I'll use Frets 23, and 24.. but those were just minor to the fact the guitar was just so fun to play.. anyway.. any recommendations... Critic?.. Im open..
actually i dont have a line 6... i wish.. i dont have a job so i dont get decent equipment.. ive been playing for almost two years and i play a yamaha.. dont feel bad man....
heh yeah.. the job got me the gear I have I just still can't find the sound Im looking for.. the Cube Sounded amazing with the Videos I heard it from.. and very excited when I get my hands on it
yeah.. well see im not even sure if i found a sound i like.. lol.. ive been wanting a line 6 but people tell they are abd and people tell me they are good... so i figured.. they are not in my situation and i will try it either way lol... ive never heard it so i cant tell ya.. im not much help
well I'd recommend Ibanez but it doesn't look like thats what you want to hear What model did you have? a real low end one? Cause that may have been the problem. For an amp, Roland's are nice, I also recommend Randall.

This one's a good start:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Randall-RX30D-30Watt-1x12-Combo-Amp-with-Digital-Effects-and-Celestion-Speaker?sku=481263
TheBurningFish wrote:
I don't mean to generalise but I don't believe the average Coldplay fan is a massive musical theory nut.

FS/FT: Cort SP1 Stratocaster
Zoom GFX5 fx processor
Washburn BD40 amp
$100 each OBO
Actually I do Enjoy Ibanez's Very Much So.. when I play my Step Father's Artcore it sounds Beautiful and its very well made.. as for mine its a RG120.. and the 300-400 Dollar Ibanez's all seem to have the same PUPs but from my Experience Ibanez really doesn't make the best PUPs unless its just my Model itself..
What I would do is go back to guitar center and plug in every thing you think is with in your budget, i'd also say go to elderly's instruments too but my bet is your not from michigan. Then just play whatever you think sounds best get. After all it is all on YOUR musical taste. I myself have a few guitars and I think I like the acoustic ones, they say if you really want to see how good a guitarist is, unplug them. My pal got a lower end martin for about your price range. But like I said whatever you like.
Quote by TheHentaiNazi
Actually I do Enjoy Ibanez's Very Much So.. when I play my Step Father's Artcore it sounds Beautiful and its very well made.. as for mine its a RG120.. and the 300-400 Dollar Ibanez's all seem to have the same PUPs but from my Experience Ibanez really doesn't make the best PUPs unless its just my Model itself..

does yours have powersounds or the new INF p/us? I have the old powersounds in mine, and I must agree that the humbuckers, especially the neck one, are very muddy. I'm happy with my single coil in the middle though. The newer INF p/u's do sound a bit better from my experience, but not drastically so. I do like the artcore p/u's more i think.
TheBurningFish wrote:
I don't mean to generalise but I don't believe the average Coldplay fan is a massive musical theory nut.

FS/FT: Cort SP1 Stratocaster
Zoom GFX5 fx processor
Washburn BD40 amp
$100 each OBO
yeah mine are INFs specifically INF3 and INF4 They started out not too bad to be honest I dont know quite what happened.. but they've gotten a muddy sound..
Seriously... this is... irrelevant to your post but... would it kill you... to just... you know... finish your sentence without... being... I don't know... hesitant about... your words... and stuff.
Get An Epi
I Have One, An Lp 100
It Sounds Great!!!!
As For An Amp I'd Go For A Laney
Iv'e A Hardcore Max Which Is One Of The High End Versions
I Wish I Had A Job Too So I Could Get Some More Amp's And Guitar's

Does Anyone Here Have A Job?
Quote by KISSARMYSOLDIER
Get An Epi
I Have One, An Lp 100
It Sounds Great!!!!
As For An Amp I'd Go For A Laney
Iv'e A Hardcore Max Which Is One Of The High End Versions
I Wish I Had A Job Too So I Could Get Some More Amp's And Guitar's

Does Anyone Here Have A Job?

... And i wish you didn't start every word with capital letter.

And yeah, g-400 is great guitar.

██ ██
██ ██
██ ██

I would say either go for the G-400 or the Les Paul Standard (not the LP-100 even though theyre okay) and a Vox Valvetronix (15w or 30w) and you'll be good to go.
Quote by StreetLight3989
Whatever but if I was to rate the austinaracadium he gets a 10.

My Gear

Stagg S350-MRD
Epiphone LP-100
Yamaha F325
Line 6 Spider 3
Peavey Rage158 (for sale)
Crate Palomino V8
DigiTech RP250(for sale)
MXR M-86
The SG is great as long as you get the G-400
don't and i repeat don't get the G-310
it's not good at all