Poll: Do you use a Mac or Windows OS?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do you use a Mac or Windows OS?
Mac (apple)
29 30%
Windows (microsoft)
67 70%
Voters: 96.
Page 1 of 2
Quick little poll here to see who uses Mac or Windows OS...
Quote by StratPat
****, nah I've never got anything like that, I just get 'YOU'VE WON THE MOTHERFUUCKIN LOTTERY IN IREELAND SEND ME UR DETAILS N U GET 10 000 000 DOLLLAAZZ"

But I'm sure some paid hitman wouldn't email that, and would have better grammar
This is basically a versu's thread, and those ar'ent allowed. Window's ftw though.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
i like windows cuz i'm too lazy to put any heart into getting acquainted with mac OS
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
I've tried Mac. Didn't like it. So I use Windows (versions I have used are 3.11, 95, 98, NT 4.0, XP, 2003 and Vista). I have also tried Linux, but compatability is a major problem there.
Sworn enemy of the private investigator.
Mac ftw!!!
industry standard for recording
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
unless your a graphic designer or something like that, theres no real reason for you to own a mac. I love them but there just to goddam expensive. alot of people hate Macs, but the sad thing is 90% of them haven't actually learned to use one, and judge it for themselves. they just say that because it isn't compatible with a lot of games and whatnot. ask anyone that owns a Mac and a PC, they'll say they like using the Mac better.

that being said, Macs FTW
Quote by nebraskan
Sometimes my penis stands up so I rub it and then he gets sick from the rubbing (probably an upset tummy) and throws up ... ...
Quote by metaldud536
Im 18 and ive never had a wet dream. is that normal?
Quote by Våd Hamster
I used to think that girls only had 2 holes

^sex?
iPods and Macs are stupid...they aren't even that great. It's just Apple's marketing that makes them so popular!
ಠ_ಠ WILL GIVE HEAD

Quote by Myxer
Have to give you props that the funniest post I read in a while
Quote by GogglesVK

hazardmaster has won this thread.

Fender Stratocaster 57' Reissue (Japanese)
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Im using windows because i don't have money for a mac.
PC that i assemble my self = way cheaper than any dell or HP and even less costly than a mac.

Anyway, you forgot Linux, some people use that too. (i don't)
Gear:
Jackson Dinky DK2L
Epiphone LP Standard
Yamaha Acoustic
Bugera 1990 w/ Peavey 2x12 cab
Quote by hazardmaster
iPods and Macs are stupid...they aren't even that great. It's just Apple's marketing that makes them so popular!

Everybody has a damn iPod. Even me. And I hate conformity. It's one of the older models though. I got it for the space. 80GB fits me nicely.
I read a while ago that about 2% of the internet population are using macs.
I use a Mac for Media purposes. Recording + iMovie is what I like.

And I don't play games so it works out well.
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
Quote by hazardmaster

u are an idiot

ipods are the most popular and widely used personal music players in the world, theyv sold millions and are revered for their ease of use and compatibility, the only problem is the cheap stock earphones.

Macs are superior computers, period. Bill gates even admitted that they are superior to PCs in almost every way, the only reason pcs are more widely used is because they are compatible with EVERYTHING, therefore more viruses are written for them. Now that macs can run windows, they are superior to pcs completely, there is just a hatred towards them from the general public, even though most people have never given them a proper try, just gone "oh, only one mouse button, im not using that"

its like people who hate xbox's because they have a playstation, not because they have used xbox's and don't like them.

EDIT:
I use a Mac for Media purposes. Recording + iMovie is what I like.

And I don't play games so it works out well.

same they're great for that sort of stuff
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
I'm gonna attempt to set up a triple boot in a couple of months: Vista, Mac OSX Leopard, and Linux.

Think it'll work?

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Yeah, it will work. I've known people who booted three Linux OSs in addition to Windows.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Quote by darkstar2466
Yeah, it will work. I've known people who booted three Linux OSs in addition to Windows.

Well, I know that Linux and Windows work fine together. It's Mac I'm worried about.

For starters, Macs are proprietary and are not supposed to work on PC (hardware checks). But I know there are people who bypassed these problems and got it to work. I just don't know how well, and how well it would get along with booting Vista and Linux.

But it'll be my project. I'll buy a 1TB HD purely for data storage while using my current 350GB HD for OS's.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
That's cool. Have you looked into VMWare?
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
I run several Linux distros and will occasionally boot into Windows.

I also have a profound dislike for Mac evangelising douchebags.
"You cant fight in here, this is the war room!"
Last edited by Lightscribe at Mar 26, 2008,
Quote by darkstar2466
That's cool. Have you looked into VMWare?

I've heard of it and vaguely have an idea of what it does, but not really. Care to explain?

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
I've heard of it and vaguely have an idea of what it does, but not really. Care to explain?

It creates virtual "guest" instances of Operating Systems within a "host" OS. You can have several virtual systems open at the same time. Think of it as an OS emulator!
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Quote by darkstar2466
It creates virtual "guest" instances of Operating Systems within a "host" OS. You can have several virtual systems open at the same time. Think of it as an OS emulator!

Oh yea, right. However, wouldn't that hog up a lot of resource?

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Actions explain better than words:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yT8YiWX43uU

^ Yeah, it is wasteful of resources, but with a dual core system and having a Linux OS as the host OS, it is merely another shell running like a program. It works out quite nicely, efficiently, and fast.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Quote by darkstar2466
Actions explain better than words:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yT8YiWX43uU

^ Yeah, it is wasteful of resources, but with a dual core system and having a Linux OS as the host OS, it is merely another shell running like a program. It works out quite nicely, efficiently, and fast.

That's pretty cool. I'll look into it.

Maybe I'll dual boot between Linux and Vista, and have Mac on the VMWare on Linux.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
I've grown up with Windows and gotten used to all it's little quirks and shortcuts, so it's just easier for me to stay with it than move to Mac OSX or Linux. I've tried both, and I just don't find them as intuitive as Windows.
^ That's because Mac borrows from the Linux community, and Windows blatantly rips off Mac.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Windows is just alot simpler imo.. Depending on your knowledge of macs, its easier to modify and change stuff on a windows pc..

EDIT: Bill gates would NEVER say that macs are superior, i dont know where the hell you got that from
Quote by StratPat
****, nah I've never got anything like that, I just get 'YOU'VE WON THE MOTHERFUUCKIN LOTTERY IN IREELAND SEND ME UR DETAILS N U GET 10 000 000 DOLLLAAZZ"

But I'm sure some paid hitman wouldn't email that, and would have better grammar
OpenBSD anyone?
Happy, lost and still unaware.
Quote by Alicee
I gave my brother a hand job. It was weird at first. It was weirder after.

Fender '72 Telecaster Deluxe & Epiphone ES-335 "Dot"
Laney VC15 + Ibanez TS808

I Don't Play Metal.
Quote by Judge_David
Windows is just alot simpler imo.. Depending on your knowledge of macs, its easier to modify and change stuff on a windows pc..

EDIT: Bill gates would NEVER say that macs are superior, i dont know where the hell you got that from

Ah, of course. The more you know about macs, the better you can modify windows.
all the windows computers ive tried have been incredibly slow so i use a mac and its working a lot better than any of my friends windows computers
I use Mac because I feel it is much more user friendly.
I grew up with a Mac (OS 9) in my house, and a PC (probably 98) in my school. I learned both at the same time, and even Mac OS 9 is easier to use then windows.

I havent really tried vista though.
the design of apple (hardware and software)
is a lot of better than on windows pcs
Quote by frankv
Tokio Hotel is probably the worst thing Germany has produced since WW2.

Apple has in the past 10 or so years put 'style' and 'look' above functionality in their products, the end result being that they're most popular amongst douchey youths who buy pre-faded jeans and other worthless shit. They don't stick to a one button mouse for functionality or efficiency. They stick to it for their bullshit ideology which treats its users as idiots.

To top it off, Apple have traditionally (although not as much in recent times) been extremely hostile to open development on their products. It's far harder for a third party to make a program on mac than it is on windows, and most Apple products are so locked up that the only things that can be ran are applications that fit in with Steve Jobs "can-I-masturbate-to-the-styling" test.
Quote by tborsje
Apple has in the past 10 or so years put 'style' and 'look' above functionality in their products, the end result being that they're most popular amongst douchey youths who buy pre-faded jeans and other worthless shit. They don't stick to a one button mouse for functionality or efficiency. They stick to it for their bullshit ideology which treats its users as idiots.

To top it off, Apple have traditionally (although not as much in recent times) been extremely hostile to open development on their products. It's far harder for a third party to make a program on mac than it is on windows, and most Apple products are so locked up that the only things that can be ran are applications that fit in with Steve Jobs "can-I-masturbate-to-the-styling" test.

tru dat.

I actually use Linux, but I sometimes hop into Vista, and I have a virtual machine with XP on in case I need Photoshop while I'm at work.
My name is Marc! Silly username.
Page 1 of 2