so I saw this thing on the Colbert report, a guy figured out how to filter any kind of water without having to replace things. Basically you can put water from anywhere and filter it so that people can drink it including from the ocean. So is this a crock or will we be able to get water to every person on Earth that won't make them sick? Anyone know more about this, it seemed like a pretty big deal.
Does this mean I'll be able to drink my piss like Kevin Costner in Waterworld?
Is it a bad thing if one of your testicles is larger then the other two?
Have you got a link to anything? On the face of it it sounds like bullshit but there are amazing things that can be done with technology nowadays.
Quote by The Leader

wow the world really is changing..
I saw that episode too if it kinda gives the story any credibility. Seemed pretty legit, the guy who invented it wants it to be all over third world countries to make their drinking water clean beacuse the diseases in the water in a lot of those places kill tons every year.
Quote by Reverb X
I think you should touch your penis. It solves all problems.

Quote by JimmyPageda2nd
My penis is not huge.

EDIT: If anyone sigs that, I'll beat their ass.

Member of the Nobody Club:We Don't Matter Enough To Have Titles. PM gunther_sucks to join
sounds very expensive. theyre building a desalinization plant in my town, but the problem is that they have to release the super-salty water back into the ocean, and the higher concentration of salt rapes the ecosystems in the ocean. so they need some way to dilute/store the salt, but it is going to be really expensive. i prefer ransacking northern california.
I have no opinion on this matter.
Quote by Zugunruhe
sounds very expensive. theyre building a desalinization plant in my town, but the problem is that they have to release the super-salty water back into the ocean, and the higher concentration of salt rapes the ecosystems in the ocean. so they need some way to dilute/store the salt, but it is going to be really expensive. i prefer ransacking northern california.

Why not some East Asian country that nobody cares/have heard about? Like Laos or something.
Quote by brabb55
wow the world really is changing..

Well, not straight, of course; If you saw the film, he had this machine that he pissed into, ran it through a few filters, pumped a crank a few times, and SHA-ZAM!, drinking water.
Is it a bad thing if one of your testicles is larger then the other two?
Quote by The Leader

oddly enough, they already have something that can filter urine so it can be drank. It was made for soldiers in the desert, in case they run out of drinking water...the crazy things the government issues soldiers.

unfortunately, it doesn't exactly produce fresh sparkling water, you can only filter your urine so many times till your just drinking...well poison lol.

so yes, you CAN be like kevin costner from waterworld. thats right. you can.
Quote by nebraskan
Sometimes my penis stands up so I rub it and then he gets sick from the rubbing (probably an upset tummy) and throws up ... ...
Quote by metaldud536
Im 18 and ive never had a wet dream. is that normal?
Quote by Våd Hamster
I used to think that girls only had 2 holes

^sex?
Quote by The Leader
Well, not straight, of course; If you saw the film, he had this machine that he pissed into, ran it through a few filters, pumped a crank a few times, and SHA-ZAM!, drinking water.

lol still the fact that id be drinking what was originally my piss... lol... but ive never seen it so... i can't judge. im sure id drink my piss to if i were him
Quote by Avedas
Why not some East Asian country that nobody cares/have heard about? Like Laos or something.
meh, no one really cares about northern california anyway. its like socal's canada.
I have no opinion on this matter.
Quote by Zugunruhe
meh, no one really cares about northern california anyway. its like socal's canada.

Ah well, the advantage of no one caring about us is we can smoke pot in peace without worrying about wiretaps and the FBI breaking into our house. Peace, it's a funny idea, but damn it's great.
Quote by farcry
Ah well, the advantage of no one caring about us is we can smoke pot in peace without worrying about wiretaps and the FBI breaking into our house. Peace, it's a funny idea, but damn it's great.

**** that!!! why smoke pot if it's not illegal? no fun >
It is possible and can be done probably but without someone funding it, it won't happen.
It's all a chain of greed, they don't give grands or money to new studies cause it'll ruin the greedosystem, for example, if this water thing works then ALL the water supplying companies will lose money which means that hundreds of families will lose money which means hundreds of people will appeal to the president/governor and there will be moaning.
I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.
Quote by Necrolust
It is possible and can be done probably but without someone funding it, it won't happen.
It's all a chain of greed, they don't give grands or money to new studies cause it'll ruin the greedosystem, for example, if this water thing works then ALL the water supplying companies will lose money which means that hundreds of families will lose money which means hundreds of people will appeal to the president/governor and there will be moaning.

sweet...
Somebody invented something quite similar in Australia a few years ago. Not only does it get rid of impurities, it also kills 99% of bacteria and amoeba that commonly cause problems with water supplies in third world countries.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
well good third world countries need it.. let them drink their purified piss
well here in Singapore we have NeWater ....

we recycle sewage water... (*cough*) and filter it ALOT. plus it gets treated with all sorts of stuff... and than we add it back to our regular water supply .... and then its drunk .

water problems solved!

edit: yes.... in theory we are drinking the water from our piss
Quote by The Leader

I'm pretty sure you can drink your own urine right now, I just would advise against it.
<Omri> I love trannys too..
Quote by petrina_678

we recycle sewage water... (*cough*) and filter it ALOT. plus it gets treated with all sorts of stuff... and than we add it back to our regular water supply .... and then its drunk .

water problems solved!

....... purified ****water?
Quote by petrina_678

water problems solved!

thats only true in some places.

in australia, theres one place that i know of that does that - toowoomba QLD
its a big deal for them, they got called poowoomba for it. and where i live, we dont recycle sewage, we take it all straight from catchments.

but its definitely possible to do with almost anything. the two big opposing arguments are:
1. lots of people dont want to drink stuff that has to be purified so much.
2. its a lot of effort. for the amount of work that it takes, you dont get a huge return.
Quote by Machanix
We play guitar.... we're automatically on top of the world.

Life Is A Lemon And I Want My Money Back!

A Wasted Youth
Is Better By Far
Than A Wise And Productive Old Age

Good Girls Go To Heaven, But The Bad Girls Go Everywhere!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NEWater

yup my friends

More specifically, it is treated wastewater (sewage) that has been purified using dual-membrane (via microfiltration and reverse osmosis) and ultraviolet technologies, in addition to conventional water treatment processes. The water is potable and is consumed by humans, but is mostly used for industry requiring high purity water.
Quote by brabb55
it's still **** water..

Yes, but it's our **** water.
<Omri> I love trannys too..
Quote by Hells_Bell
Yes, but it's our **** water.

well i guess that makes it all different lol
The worlds water problems would be solved with some simple, logical thinking. For example, every time it rains, millions of litres of water just go down into the sewage lines, installing technology at the drainage areas to take the run-off and store it would solve plenty of problems. We also have filters that can filter sewage, but some people have such a big inflated ego that they wont "stoop" to that level. It was going to be used in some places in Queensland who's dam capacity was under 10%, and it was voted against.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Quote by dann_blood
The worlds water problems would be solved with some simple, logical thinking. For example, every time it rains, millions of litres of water just go down into the sewage lines, installing technology at the drainage areas to take the run-off and store it would solve plenty of problems. We also have filters that can filter sewage, but some people have such a big inflated ego that they wont "stoop" to that level. It was going to be used in some places in Queensland who's dam capacity was under 10%, and it was voted against.

I just saw on the news tonight that they are planning to go to Target 230 and build a couple more water recycling and desalination plants. The planning starts basically right now, but no work will start till at least 2028
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
Quote by dann_blood
We also have filters that can filter sewage, but some people have such a big inflated ego that they wont "stoop" to that level. It was going to be used in some places in Queensland who's dam capacity was under 10%, and it was voted against.

That's what pisses me off about the water issue in Australia. The thought of drinking our H2O from sewage or industry rather than from dams seems to instil some pathetic fear in people who who nothing about distillation.

Here's a diagram of water from dams

(+ Fluride)

Here's a diagram of fully distilled water from sewage

If you're to believe the fuckhead columnists of newspapers like The West Australian you'd think that all Australians should be able to use as much water as they want, and that we should build as many environment destroying dams as population requires.

Bottom line is that most Australians would rather spend millions on building dams which destroy ecosystems, than take a minor hit on their lifestyle. You can't take 30 minute showers any more, tough shit - it was never sustainable anyway.
Quote by Hells_Bell
I'm pretty sure you can drink your own urine right now, I just would advise against it.

It's not necessary that I drink my own urine, but it's sterile and I like how it tastes.

Quote by slappymoe66
What would I say to the doctor "I got a bad case of tight balls" ? no dice nublet pie
Quote by deemoe4tweezy
All water is dirty
the only thing that cleans water .............Reverse osmosis ??????????????

Of course all water is dirty, but there are regulations to how many ppm of whatever molecules can be present to be deemed drinking water. If treated sewage meets them, it's of the same quality as dam water.

Back on topic, the guy Colbert was talking to was Dean Kamen
No, it's true. I saw it on beyond tomorrow. They put it in this really dirty "river" (basically a mud puddle) and it filtered out all bacteria and nasties. They even did it with the guys urine, and he drank it. He said it was off putting because it was his urine, but tasted fine.