Sorry if this been asked countless times, but it's fairly confusing to me.

Right now I own an acoustic and a Squier strat. I've been meaning to buy a Telecaster for quite some while now but I never have had time to hop over the guitar center and check out the different models.

Now my question lies with the guitar neck. My acoustic's frets are slightly wider/taller than the ones on my Strat, the neck is also much thicker. However, I prefer the larger frets of my acoustic and the thinner neck of my Strat. Which measurements should I be looking for to fulfill this criteria?

As far as I know my Strat has medium jumbo frets and a 9" radius. If I were to buy say a Telecaster Highway One series which has the same radius and jumbo frets, would I get my preferred specificiations?
I just played a H1 tele a little while ago and the frets are giant. If you get a 2007- model, they've got the extra jumbo frets, as before they had the medium jumbo. The neck felt great, wasn't to thick or thin. Nice C shape.
yea the only difference could be the fret count/neck length, but besides that all good. I'm not tring to be a dick, but I don't know why you would want a telecaster with jumbo frets though. Thats like having a chili pepper collection without blood sugar sex magik
Quote by Nike-Man
yea the only difference could be the fret count/neck length, but besides that all good. I'm not tring to be a dick, but I don't know why you would want a telecaster with jumbo frets though. Thats like having a chili pepper collection without blood sugar sex magik

Would the Extra Jumbo be significantly bigger than the Medium Jumbo on Squier? And even if big frets aren't the norm on a tele I kind of realized I had difficulty playing anything smaller haha.