Could anyone tell me a good pickup combination for my Ibanez rg321, which is being run through a Roland Cube 30? The current pups sound a little muddy and i think i should replace them. Ive heard that EMGs are a bad idea, so would Seymour Duncans be an improvement? any advice would be great.
Maybe it's not on top of the charts, but we're still standing strong. So we'll be here forever. United and hard we stand.
- Dimebag

If I'm not back in five minutes... just wait longer.
You don't know what sound you're looking for so no, there is no point upgrading.
Ibanez SZ 320MH >> Vox V487 >> Barber LTD >> MI Audio Neo-Fuzz >> Peavey Bandit 112
straight up dude, what kinda sound/output are you going for? EMG's are awesome if thas what you want. . . if you want soemthing thats versitile and clear the just get like the seymour hot rod set.
Im basically looking for a really punchy death metal tone. Everyone says go for EMGs but I hear they lack tone on a SS amp.
Maybe it's not on top of the charts, but we're still standing strong. So we'll be here forever. United and hard we stand.
- Dimebag

If I'm not back in five minutes... just wait longer.
Jb/59 combo is nice.you would better off putting the $ towards a new aml though.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
In my experience, EMGs sound terrible on cubes, no idea why but similar guitars with different pickups sounded a lot better to me.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
The ones you already have in the guitar are perfectly good. If you want something more from your sound it's the amp that's the problem, not the pickups.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Personally I'm of the belief that pickups are the 'next to last' thing you change in order to adjust your tone (the last being tubes). I would work on finding an amp that better suits your needs; then if it won't quite get there, start experimenting with effects; then if it won't quite get there, change the speaker; then if it won't quite get there, change the pickups.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
Quote by Cruetallica6
Im basically looking for a really punchy death metal tone. Everyone says go for EMGs but I hear they lack tone on a SS amp.

Reverse your statement and you would be correct. SS amps lack tone for EMG pickups.

That being said, it's not impossible to get an ok tone out of an SS amp with a guitar using EMGs. I've done it.
"Music is an expression. Not competition." ~ Woe, Is Me

Guitar
ESP LTD Viper 400

Amp
Orange Crush 35LDX
Quote by Cruetallica6

One guy said that.

Save your money, for now.
Quote by steven seagull
The ones you already have in the guitar are perfectly good. If you want something more from your sound it's the amp that's the problem, not the pickups.

+2

A pickup upgrade with your amp isn't going to be all that drastic.